Adding a workstation to a Domain
Author Message
 Adding a workstation to a Domain

Can anyone tell me which API function(s) I have to use to add (orr delete)
a workstation to (from) an NT-Domain?

Thank You

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a workstation to a Domain
Take a look at MS article Q136867 for full info, but basically you use
NetUserAdd and NetUserDel (available only on NT).

Remember the following:-

Computer account name is in uppercase with a trailing $ (ie SERVER1$)
Max length of computer name is 15 characters (excluding the $)
Password is lowercase computer name without a $ (ie server)
Password must be truncated to 14 characters if the computer name is too big

Add the computer account on the PDC (use NetGetDCName to find this out)

To change the domain/workstation on the system, use NetWkstaSetInfo.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote:

> Can anyone tell me which API function(s) I have to use to add (orr delete)
> a workstation to (from) an NT-Domain?

> Thank You

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. domain pruefen domain provider es domain registrieren domain angebot no domain

2. Add a user in domain 2 from domain 1 using the classes in the DirectoryServices

3. domaene sichern de tc domain domain registrieren preisvergleich kostenlose toplevel domain de domain preis

4. plesk domain anmeldung domaene langsam anmeldung an domain de domain kaufen domain suchen

5. broadcast a net message to all workstation in a domain

6. Joining Local Workstation To Domain

7. Get Domain workstations

8. Retrieve the domain of a workstation

9. How to connect to a NT domain from an NT/W2k workstation

10. Joining Local Workstation To Domain

11. How to move workstations from one domain to another domain ?

12. internet workstation to workstation