Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?
Author Message
 Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?

I am trying to block user input in Windows via so many different ways. But
the ways I have tried do not work properly. Ok, the keyboard is not so much

I've tried doing this:

* looping and resetting mouse cursor, but it's a pain and doesn't work.
* JournalRecord, JournalPlayBack callbacks, don't work - well, to do what I
want.
* MouseProc with SetWindowshookEx, doesn't work good enough. While mouse is
blocked, user can still move the cursor with the mouse.

* Hmmm. What next, ok, could you help me here? I have something nice to
offer if one can come up with a nice little piece of code or example that I
can use to completely disable mouse and keyboard input (even if it be at a
very low level), but still be allowed to emulate the input sucessfully
using mouse_event and keybd_event.

I mean, there *must* be a way to do that? If not, I'd like to know why,
'cuz I've seen it being acheived, so there absolutely *MUST* be a sure fire
way. I mean, if SMS can do it, why can't I? If ReachOut can do it, If
PCAnyWhere? And So on...if you know what I mean?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?
vb does not allow you access messages out side of your own app so you need
to use a third party control written in another language.
desaware spyworks may allow you to achieve your goal..

Alex E

Quote:
>I am trying to block user input in Windows via so many different ways. But
>the ways I have tried do not work properly. Ok, the keyboard is not so much

>I've tried doing this:

>* looping and resetting mouse cursor, but it's a pain and doesn't work.
>* JournalRecord, JournalPlayBack callbacks, don't work - well, to do what I
>want.
>* MouseProc with SetWindowshookEx, doesn't work good enough. While mouse is
>blocked, user can still move the cursor with the mouse.

>* Hmmm. What next, ok, could you help me here? I have something nice to
>offer if one can come up with a nice little piece of code or example that I
>can use to completely disable mouse and keyboard input (even if it be at a
>very low level), but still be allowed to emulate the input sucessfully
>using mouse_event and keybd_event.

>I mean, there *must* be a way to do that? If not, I'd like to know why,
>'cuz I've seen it being acheived, so there absolutely *MUST* be a sure fire
>way. I mean, if SMS can do it, why can't I? If ReachOut can do it, If
>PCAnyWhere? And So on...if you know what I mean?

>Your help will be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?
Maybe if you make your window system-modal, and use the SetCapture API (in
user32.dll) to catch all mouse movement. Then all you would have to do is
catch ctrl-alt-del.

Good Luck,
Jesse

--
To reply, please remove the - characters from my e-mail address.

Quote:
>I am trying to block user input in Windows via so many different ways. But
>the ways I have tried do not work properly. Ok, the keyboard is not so much

>I've tried doing this:

>* looping and resetting mouse cursor, but it's a pain and doesn't work.
>* JournalRecord, JournalPlayBack callbacks, don't work - well, to do what I
>want.
>* MouseProc with SetWindowshookEx, doesn't work good enough. While mouse is
>blocked, user can still move the cursor with the mouse.

>* Hmmm. What next, ok, could you help me here? I have something nice to
>offer if one can come up with a nice little piece of code or example that I
>can use to completely disable mouse and keyboard input (even if it be at a
>very low level), but still be allowed to emulate the input sucessfully
>using mouse_event and keybd_event.

>I mean, there *must* be a way to do that? If not, I'd like to know why,
>'cuz I've seen it being acheived, so there absolutely *MUST* be a sure fire
>way. I mean, if SMS can do it, why can't I? If ReachOut can do it, If
>PCAnyWhere? And So on...if you know what I mean?

>Your help will be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks.

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?

2. Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?

3. Very Tricky: How do you block user input via hardware in Windows, while still allowing keybd_event and mouse_event calls to emulate input?

4. User Input - Text Replace - Can any of this be done with VBscript

5. Control for user input via Gantt chart?

6. selecting/creating dir via user input ?

7. Locking out user input in Windows 95

8. A tricky one...input from seriel-port...HELP !

9. Sources for Input/Output Hardware & Software

10. Hardware Input and Output functions in Vb4

11. Access 95/97 hardware input

12. MSDE vs JET 4.0 Multi User et al...