Paint event -vs- WM_PAINT message
Author Message
 Paint event -vs- WM_PAINT message

Another one for yez:

I have an application that I draw using API calls, for speed.  I draw to a
memory device context, and blit to the display.  Whenever I get a Paint
event, I blit again.

This gives a nice smooth display, but with one problem:  when the window is
maximised (or even fairly big) on my 1280x1024x16-bit, the blits are quite
slow, on account of having to copy the full screen each time.

The WM_PAINT message contains a handle to a device context which already has
the appropriate clipping region selected.  Is there any way to access this
device context (or better again, the clipping region) in the Paint event?
It would greatly reduce (most of the time) the amount of drawing and
blitting to be done.

TIA

    - Paul

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Paint Event different design vs run-time?

2. Recieving WM_PAINT message in an usercontrol in VB

3. PROB: Can't capture WM_PAINT message in VB4

4. using WM_PAINT during an event cancellation

5. Paint vs. Load

6. SizeChanged vs Resize vs Layout events

7. Left Pane Explorer-Like Thumb Paint events

8. Paint Event isn't ever called by the Rich Text Box control

9. calling the paint event of a form from another form

10. custom paint event for checkbox

11. Triggering a Paint Event on another App

12. Interrupt Events to Allow Paint Form