undoing graphics in ONLY a portion of a PictureBox.Picture
Author Message
 undoing graphics in ONLY a portion of a PictureBox.Picture

Working on an app that loads a .BMP into a PictureBox and then you can draw
lines to outline features of the image and do measurements & manipulate the
appearance of the regions outlined.  One of the functions is to delete a
previously defined region, but the only way I've been able to figure out to
remove the visual representation of the region is to CLS the whole
PictureBox and then rebuild the whole image with the altered region info -
which takes some time with a lot of regions defined.  Is there a way to
achieve the same effect as CLS on a region or path that includes only a
portion of the image?

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:24:51 GMT
 undoing graphics in ONLY a portion of a PictureBox.Picture

Quote:
>Working on an app that loads a .BMP into a PictureBox and then you can draw
>lines to outline features of the image and do measurements & manipulate the
>appearance of the regions outlined.  One of the functions is to delete a
>previously defined region, but the only way I've been able to figure out to
>remove the visual representation of the region is to CLS the whole
>PictureBox and then rebuild the whole image with the altered region info -
>which takes some time with a lot of regions defined.  Is there a way to
>achieve the same effect as CLS on a region or path that includes only a
>portion of the image?

No, The only way to get back what was there before is to have a copy of
what was there before so you would end up having multiple before/after
copies of the PictureBox Image.
Rebuilding the Image in memory, with a final Blit to the PictureBox,
would be faster than rebuilding PictureBox.Image in stages.

--
Richard Mason

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:57:06 GMT

1. save graphics in PictureBox's Picture property

2. Q: Clearing/Restoring A Portion Of A PictureBox

3. ClipCursor to portion of picturebox?

4. Selecting a portion of a picture

5. how to cut n paste a selected portion of picture box

6. BEST APROACH TO SAVE UNDO IN PICTUREBOX

7. BEST APROACH TO SAVE UNDO IN PICTUREBOX

8. To Cut the portion of the Picture file

9. BEST APROACH TO SAVE UNDO IN PICTUREBOX

10. rotate a portion of a image in pictures

11. Using Undo in Picture Box

12. Selective Undo from the Undo List