AutoRedraw in VB
Author Message
 AutoRedraw in VB

I use large PictureBox with graphics painted from database data (city map).
I use .AutoRedraw=True because any redrawing needs to access large sets of
data and is slow. On Windows 98 the maximum size of PictureBox with
.AutoRedraw = True depends from desktop color resolution (16MB limit?):
about 16 mln pixels when 8 bit per pixel, 8 mln pixels when 16 bit per
pixel. If I start my application and paint in 4000x4000 size PictureBox and
then switch desktop from 256 to 64K or 16M color I get "Can't create
AutoRedraw image" error at next painting attempt. Is it possible to "create
AutoRedraw image" at 8 bit depth no matter what color depth of desktop is
and to have AutoRedraw functionality managed by VB again?

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:20:22 GMT
 AutoRedraw in VB
No.  You'd have to manage autoredraw functionality yourself.  The
picturebox will not be convinced by any method I am aware of to
maintain the autoredraw image in anything other than the current video
color depth.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:

>I use large PictureBox with graphics painted from database data (city map).
>I use .AutoRedraw=True because any redrawing needs to access large sets of
>data and is slow. On Windows 98 the maximum size of PictureBox with
>.AutoRedraw = True depends from desktop color resolution (16MB limit?):
>about 16 mln pixels when 8 bit per pixel, 8 mln pixels when 16 bit per
>pixel. If I start my application and paint in 4000x4000 size PictureBox and
>then switch desktop from 256 to 64K or 16M color I get "Can't create
>AutoRedraw image" error at next painting attempt. Is it possible to "create
>AutoRedraw image" at 8 bit depth no matter what color depth of desktop is
>and to have AutoRedraw functionality managed by VB again?

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:51:37 GMT

1. VB 5 - Autoredraw Problem

2. Replacement for autoredraw property?

3. autoredraw

4. looking for update picture1.Autoredraw?

5. AutoRedraw

6. AutoRedraw mechanism

7. Autoredraw

8. AutoRedraw a PSet Image?