Warren Galyen PNG ZLIB library
Author Message
 Warren Galyen PNG ZLIB library

Hi,
I am using the PNG library ZLIB of Mr. Warren Galyen but I cannot
contact him by e-mail because the address is unknown.

Does anyone know how can use the LoadFile and DrawToDC in Visual Basic
6 to insert a png file content in a picture box?

I found the library at the address below:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I need to know if I can use the LIBPNG (and LIBMNG) in visual basic to
do the same work described above. Are they more fast than GDI+
functions?

Thank you very much,
With kind regards,
Mr. Nicola Taibi

Home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Mirror Home Page: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 04 May 2005 06:10:05 GMT
 Warren Galyen PNG ZLIB library
Take a look here for some interesting PNG stuff with VB

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/index.html

I have made a modified version of this with support for transparency, RGBA
... which I will be putting on my personal site in the near future so drop
me a line if you are interested

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am using the PNG library ZLIB of Mr. Warren Galyen but I cannot
> contact him by e-mail because the address is unknown.

> Does anyone know how can use the LoadFile and DrawToDC in visual basic
> 6 to insert a png file content in a picture box?

> I found the library at the address below:
> http://edais.earlsoft.co.uk/Files/Demo/Guest.html

> I need to know if I can use the LIBPNG (and LIBMNG) in visual basic to
> do the same work described above. Are they more fast than GDI+
> functions?

> Thank you very much,
> With kind regards,
> Mr. Nicola Taibi

> Home page: http://geocities.com/whisky1767
> Mirror Home Page: http://digilander.libero.it/whisky1767

Wed, 04 May 2005 12:01:13 GMT
 Warren Galyen PNG ZLIB library
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:01:13 +1300, "Dynamite Al"

Quote:

>Take a look here for some interesting PNG stuff with VB

>http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/index.html

>I have made a modified version of this with support for transparency, RGBA
>... which I will be putting on my personal site in the near future so drop
>me a line if you are interested

>> Hi,
>> I am using the PNG library ZLIB of Mr. Warren Galyen but I cannot
>> contact him by e-mail because the address is unknown.

>> Does anyone know how can use the LoadFile and DrawToDC in visual basic
>> 6 to insert a png file content in a picture box?

>> I found the library at the address below:
>> http://edais.earlsoft.co.uk/Files/Demo/Guest.html

>> I need to know if I can use the LIBPNG (and LIBMNG) in visual basic to
>> do the same work described above. Are they more fast than GDI+
>> functions?

>> Thank you very much,
>> With kind regards,
>> Mr. Nicola Taibi

>> Home page: http://geocities.com/whisky1767
>> Mirror Home Page: http://digilander.libero.it/whisky1767

Thank you,
The function "LoadPNGFile" load a 1.2MB png file very fast, but it is
possible to get the width and length of the image and to resize it
before putting it in the picture box?
is it possible to adjust the quality of the image to speed up the
visualization?

With kind regards,
Mr. Nicola Taibi

Home page: http://geocities.com/whisky1767
Mirror Home Page: http://digilander.libero.it/whisky1767

Wed, 04 May 2005 16:08:00 GMT

1. png library with great potential for VB

2. Load transparent PNG / Print text on it / Save as PNG

3. Load transparent PNG / Print text on it / Save as PNG

4. US-NJ(Warren)-Visual Basic 5.0 Programmers-Recruiter [NL568 - 102]

5. Calling zlib.dll from VB.NET

6. zlib compression dll or ocx

7. Help with ZLib Compression

8. Has anyone successfully used ZLIB?

9. Extracting ZIP-files with use of zlib.dll?

10. How to unlock controls during comressing with Zlib

11. zlib.dll

12. gzip, zlib.dll, http ??