Image Control Array Help :)
Author Message
 Image Control Array Help :)

Hi Jim,

Do you know of any circumstances where the image control would fail to work
in this situation.

I am doing exactly this and on my system I can import jpgs and bmps without
any problems. I have sent the system to my client and it is failing to load
jpgs in to the image control on two of his systems.

Can loadpicture fail sometimes? It is not his files as I have had him send
me one that would not open on my system and it opens fine on mine. I am
using the following code to load each picture into the image controls.

img_src(pIndex).Picture = LoadPicture(imageName(pintArrayPosition))

Any help you or any one else could give would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Myron Kirk

Quote:
> Place a single image control on the form and set its .Index property
> to 0.

> At runtime, discover how many pictures there are using a Do loop and
> Dir().

> Use the Load command to create as many Image controls as you need.
> Move them around to where you want them.  Load the files into them
> with LoadPicture().

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:17:26 -0300, "Joe Van Meer"

> >Hi there,

> >I have a form on which I would like to display thumbnail images of
several
> >pictures I have in a directory called 'pics' underneath the App.Path.
> >What I was thinking was this, I could fill the image control array at
> >runtime with the names of the pictures in the 'pics' directory.
> >Does this sound alright? I'm just getting back into vb after a longtime
> >away:) If this does sound alright could someone help me get started on
> >creating the image control array?

> >Thx Joe :)

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:13:19 GMT
 Image Control Array Help :)
Hi Jim,

Do you know of any circumstances where the image control would fail to work
in this situation.

I am doing exactly this and on my system I can import jpgs and bmps without
any problems. I have sent the system to my client and it is failing to load
jpgs in to the image control on two of his systems.

Can loadpicture fail sometimes? It is not his files as I have had him send
me one that would not open on my system and it opens fine on mine. I am
using the following code to load each picture into the image controls.

img_src(pIndex).Picture = LoadPicture(imageName(pintArrayPosition))

Any help you or any one else could give would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Myron Kirk

Quote:
> Place a single image control on the form and set its .Index property
> to 0.

> At runtime, discover how many pictures there are using a Do loop and
> Dir().

> Use the Load command to create as many Image controls as you need.
> Move them around to where you want them.  Load the files into them
> with LoadPicture().

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:17:26 -0300, "Joe Van Meer"

> >Hi there,

> >I have a form on which I would like to display thumbnail images of
several
> >pictures I have in a directory called 'pics' underneath the App.Path.
> >What I was thinking was this, I could fill the image control array at
> >runtime with the names of the pictures in the 'pics' directory.
> >Does this sound alright? I'm just getting back into vb after a longtime
> >away:) If this does sound alright could someone help me get started on
> >creating the image control array?

> >Thx Joe :)

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:13:19 GMT

1. Indexed Arrays/Control Arrays Help

2. Simple Array/Image control prob.

3. Array of Image controls in VB3??

4. Image Control Array - Loading and Unloading

5. How To - Control Array for Image - Excel???

6. Array into PictureBox into Image-Control

7. Printing an Array of Images revisited...Help!

8. Help w/For-Next & loading image array

9. HELP: Image arrays

10. Printing an Array of Images revisited...Help!

11. Printing an Array of Images revisited...Help!

12. Help w/For-Next & loading image array