Transparent Picture
Author Message
 Transparent Picture

Hi,

I got to know that the pictureboxes cannot have
transparency.Currently now,i am using alot of pictureboxes
but a few areas are having serious overlapping problem.I
tried to use UserControl but i do not know how to make it
to behave like a picturebox(create mutiple instances,able
to onclick,change pictures).Anyone know any solutions that
solve my current problem?.Really need some guidances

Regards,
Jiawei

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:23:19 GMT
 Transparent Picture

Quote:
> I got to know that the pictureboxes cannot have
> transparency.Currently now,i am using alot of pictureboxes
> but a few areas are having serious overlapping problem.I
> tried to use UserControl but i do not know how to make it
> to behave like a picturebox(create mutiple instances,able
> to onclick,change pictures).Anyone know any solutions that
> solve my current problem?

Unfortunately you've not told us what you're trying to do with the picture
box's which makes it a little more difficult to try and help you however you
may even consider doing all your drawing yourself onto a single picture box,
this would allow you to use transparency but would make the per-pixel hit
testing slightly more complicated but not impossible by any means.  It
wouldn't be too tricky at all to wrap this all up into a sprite class which
would make this far easier to deal with but again it may not be what you're
after.
You should really try and avoid using lots of picture box's as they're quite
memory intensive, you may be able to get away with image control for this
perhaps?
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:31:35 GMT

1. Transparent Picture Box

2. Transparent Picture

3. How to insert a transparent picture into a ListView

4. Print transparent picture to Printer

5. How to have a transparent picture on top of other controls

6. Transparent Pictures

7. transparent pictures

8. transparent pictures in VB3

9. Mask used with transparent Picture Box question

10. Q:Transparent pictures (BMP).

11. Transparent picture box?

12. Transparent Picture Box ???