Extract icon from dll into form.icon
Author Message
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon

I need to extract some icon's from a dll and use them in my aplication.

I can extract them into a picture object with ExtractIconA function from
shell32.dll into picture.image propertie.

Then i need to put them on form.icon propertie. How can i do that?

Regard
Jos

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:49:19 GMT
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon
I assume you don't have to do it programmatically,
so by using Microangelo (http://www.impactsoft.com)
you can extract and save any icon from .exe or .dll files.

Hope this helps

Alex

Quote:
> I need to extract some icon's from a dll and use them in my aplication.

> I can extract them into a picture object with ExtractIconA function from
> shell32.dll into picture.image propertie.

> Then i need to put them on form.icon propertie. How can i do that?

> Regard
> Jos

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:09:50 GMT
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon
I know that but i want my icons to be all in a dll.

Quote:
> I assume you don't have to do it programmatically,
> so by using Microangelo (http://www.impactsoft.com)
> you can extract and save any icon from .exe or .dll files.

> Hope this helps

> Alex

> > I need to extract some icon's from a dll and use them in my aplication.

> > I can extract them into a picture object with ExtractIconA function from
> > shell32.dll into picture.image propertie.

> > Then i need to put them on form.icon propertie. How can i do that?

> > Regard
> > Jos

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:11:43 GMT
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon
Paint the picture in a picture box and then set the form icon ..., form.icon
= picture1.picture

Quote:
> I need to extract some icon's from a dll and use them in my aplication.

> I can extract them into a picture object with ExtractIconA function from
> shell32.dll into picture.image propertie.

> Then i need to put them on form.icon propertie. How can i do that?

> Regard
> Jos

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:20:14 GMT
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon
SendMessage Me.hwnd, WM_SETICON, 0&, ByVal hIcon
(0 in wp sets small icon, 1 sets large.)

-Tom
(please post replies to the newsgroup)

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 01:45:45 GMT
 Extract icon from dll into form.icon
This doesn't work !!! Why?

Regards
Jos

    hIcon = ExtractIcon(App.hInstance, path$, nIcon)
    a = SendMessage(Me.hWnd, WM_SETICON, ICON_BIG, hIcon)

Quote:
> SendMessage Me.hwnd, WM_SETICON, 0&, ByVal hIcon
> (0 in wp sets small icon, 1 sets large.)

> -Tom
> (please post replies to the newsgroup)

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:25:14 GMT

1. help extracting icons from dll to icon property

2. Extracting Icons from DLL files. Eg - Shell32.dll

3. Icons on Menus and Extract Icons from Files?Message-ID: <3f

4. Icon: Extract icon and save it as ico-file

5. Extracting Icons from EXE, DLL

6. Extracting ALL icons from EXE, DLL, etc.

7. extracting icons from .exe and .dll

8. Extract Icon from DLL

9. Extract Icon shell32.dll

10. Extracting Icons from Exe's Dll's Ico's into a ListImage Control

11. Extracting Icons from Exe's and DLLs into an ImageList

12. Icons- extract from .EXE, .DLL???