How to overlay graphics on text/graphics
Author Message
 How to overlay graphics on text/graphics

I'm trying to determine if it is possible to generate, using the printer
object, an application type form (lines, boxes, text, etc) that can also
have a signature put onto it in the appropriate line/box.

The signature would be a captured bitmap (most likely) and I want the
signature to look like the applicant simply signed the form rather than try
to scale the signature bitmap to exactly fit the box or space allowed.

Clearly, I can put text on top of graphics, but have not found any clear
directions to overlaying graphics on text. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Luther

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to overlay graphics on text/graphics

Quote:
> I'm trying to determine if it is possible to generate, using the printer
> object, an application type form (lines, boxes, text, etc) that can also
> have a signature put onto it in the appropriate line/box.

> The signature would be a captured bitmap (most likely) and I want the
> signature to look like the applicant simply signed the form rather than
try
> to scale the signature bitmap to exactly fit the box or space allowed.

> Clearly, I can put text on top of graphics, but have not found any clear
> directions to overlaying graphics on text. Any suggestions?

Have a look at the BitBlt() API call.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:03:29 GMT

1. Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic

2. graphics filter to convert array(x,y) to standard graphics

3. Saving graphics objects to an standard graphics file

4. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

5. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

6. Printing text and graphics: text appears completely black

7. Coloured text in graphics mode?

8. turn text into graphics file

9. Request for graphics/text screen dump for HP laser

10. Print text to graphic cursor?

11. text over graphics

12. Displaying Graphics in a Text based Program