Using API Polygon rtn on my printer...
Author Message
 Using API Polygon rtn on my printer...

hello..

I have a new VB 6.0 simple object drawing program running
on Win 98.  When I call the API Polygon routine to draw
and fill a triangle, the object comes out printed very
tiny on my 600 dpi printer.  The object displays fine on
my display screen.

Is there a way I can make the API polygon rtn scale the
object to my printer's scale?  I read in the API GDI
documentation about the MM_LOENGLISH=4 mode setting for
displaying output on devices, but I don't know how to use
it.

Thank for your help...   don

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:37:15 GMT
 Using API Polygon rtn on my printer...

Quote:
> I have a new VB 6.0 simple object drawing program running
> on Win 98.  When I call the API Polygon routine to draw
> and fill a triangle, the object comes out printed very
> tiny on my 600 dpi printer.  The object displays fine on
> my display screen.

> Is there a way I can make the API polygon rtn scale the
> object to my printer's scale?  I read in the API GDI
> documentation about the MM_LOENGLISH=4 mode setting for
> displaying output on devices, but I don't know how to use
> it.

MM_LOENGLISH is a Mapping mode constant which you can set on a DC (Even on
the Printer's DC directly) using the SetMapMode() API call.  You'll find
more information on it on it's page on the MSDN here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/cordspac_3c6d.asp
You use it as follows:

'***
Dim OldMode As Long
OldMode = SetMapMode(Printer.hDC, MM_LONGLISH)

' Use Printer DC here...

SetMapMode Printer.hDC, OldMode
'***

You'll most likely find the API declare over on Http://www.AllAPI.net/
You may also want to grab the APIDraw library off my page which will
simplify using PolyLine() on the DC for you.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:26:42 GMT

1. PROBLEM: Adding a printer via API, then creating a printer Share via API (source included)

2. Accurate positioning of polygon for printer

3. polygon - polygon intersection

4. picturebox.scale command with Polyline or Polygon API Call

5. Polygon API calls.....

6. Lines, Polygons and PolyBezier(?) with the API

7. VB5 Polygon API calling ?

8. help...create polygon region API

9. HELP: API Polygon Functions

10. Problems with Polygon API Function

11. Someone please help with Polygon API??

12. Polygon API Call...