help me to begin in API Windows programming
Author Message
 help me to begin in API Windows programming

Take a look at this code:

'Declare this in the general section of your form
Const IMAGE_BITMAP = &O0
Const LR_LOADFROMFILE = 16
Const LR_CREATEDIBSECTION = 8192
Private Type BITMAP
    bmType As Long
    bmWidth As Long
    bmHeight As Long
    bmWidthBytes As Long
    bmPlanes As Integer
    bmBitsPixel As Integer
    bmBits As Long
End Type
Private Declare Function LoadImage Lib "user32" Alias "LoadImageA" (ByVal
hInst As Long, ByVal lpsz As String, ByVal un1 As Long, ByVal n1 As Long,
ByVal n2 As Long, ByVal un2 As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function CreateCompatibleDC Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hdc As Long)
As Long
Private Declare Function SelectObject Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal
hObject As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function BitBlt Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hDestDC As Long, ByVal X
As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal
hSrcDC As Long, ByVal xSrc As Long, ByVal ySrc As Long, ByVal dwRop As Long)
As Long
Private Declare Function GetObject Lib "gdi32" Alias "GetObjectA" (ByVal
hObject As Long, ByVal nCount As Long, lpObject As Any) As Long
Private Declare Function DeleteDC Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hdc As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function DeleteObject Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hObject As Long) As
Long

'And use this code to load a bitmap and copy it to the form

    Dim hBitmap As Long, lBMDC As Long, sBitmapInfo As BITMAP
    'Load the bitmap
    hBitmap = LoadImage(0, "C:\MyFile.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0,
LR_LOADFROMFILE Or LR_CREATEDIBSECTION)
    'make sure the call succeeded
    If (hBitmap = 0) Then
        MsgBox "Error, Unable To Load Bitmap", vbOKOnly, "Bitmap Load Error"
        Exit Sub
    End If

    'Create new Device Context
    lBMDC = CreateCompatibleDC(0)
    'make sure the call succeeded
    If (lBMDC = 0) Then
        MsgBox "Error, Unable To Create Device Context", vbOKOnly, "Device
Context Error"
        Exit Sub
    End If
    'attach the bitmap to the device context just created
    SelectObject lBMDC, hBitmap

    'get the information about this image
    GetObject hBitmap, Len(sBitmapInfo), sBitmapInfo
    'Copy the bitmap to the form
    BitBlt Me.hdc, 0, 0, sBitmapInfo.bmWidth, sBitmapInfo.bmHeight, lBMDC,
0, 0, vbSrcCopy

Just change the "C:\MyFile.bmp" to the file you want.

If you want to know more about API, just visit the API-section on our
homepage.

HTH,
Pieter Philippaerts,
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
>I'm a beginner in programme API window with Visual Basic, I want for
beginning
>read a bitmap and displace in on the screen. It s very simple. If anyone
can
>help me !
>And where I can to find the list and explanation of graphics API windows ?
>Thanks.

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: MCI and Video for Windows API programming ?

2. Windows API call to set windows colors (HELP Please)

3. I need Windows 3.11 API / Necesito API de Windows 3.11

4. I need Windows 3.11 API / Necesito API de Windows 3.11

5. Help:Netware API Help File(in Windows Help file format)

6. API to get Windows program in focus

7. Windows API programming

8. Need Good Reference on VB/API Windows Programming

9. programming vb by windows API

10. programming with windows apis

11. Beginning API

12. Begin a network session using api