Set the printer PaperBin and PaperSize
Author Message
 Set the printer PaperBin and PaperSize

Hi,
I'm just developing a VB Application with printing capabilities, using only
API calls and no the Printer Object.
I know howto retrieve printer driver settings using documentProperties,
GetDeviceCaps, DeviceCapabilities.
Now I have all the paperbins available but now, how i can set a specific
paperbin?
The same thing is for the papers... I have a list of supported papers but,
how i can set the current paper size?
And then... it's necessary specify the paper size? I know the physical width
and the available width and then, I know where I must to print. Is It
important set the papersize or I can manage my printable area myself?

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english and I hope you have understand anywhere my
problem.

Thanks a lot

Michele Massari

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:33:40 GMT
 Set the printer PaperBin and PaperSize

Quote:
> I'm just developing a VB Application with printing capabilities, using
only
> API calls and no the Printer Object.
> I know howto retrieve printer driver settings using documentProperties,
> GetDeviceCaps, DeviceCapabilities.
> Now I have all the paperbins available but now, how i can set a specific
> paperbin?
> The same thing is for the papers... I have a list of supported papers but,
> how i can set the current paper size?
> And then... it's necessary specify the paper size? I know the physical
width
> and the available width and then, I know where I must to print. Is It
> important set the papersize or I can manage my printable area myself?

See if these are of any use to you:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q180/6/45.asp
http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/lev2/4/lev3/32/pid/222/fid/3604
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -

WWW: Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:41:00 GMT

1. Printer.PaperSize, Printer.PaperBin

2. Answer: Getting Printer PaperBin/PaperSize settings

3. Property PaperSize can't be set to zero ( Default PaperSize )

4. Printer Setting and PaperSize

5. How can I set my custom printer papersize?

6. Set Printer properties (papersize) for default system prnter

7. How do I get PaperBin/PaperSize from ShowPrinter?

8. Setting Printer PaperSize from VB5

9. Get PaperSize from PaperBin ?

10. Setting printer Papersize, Orientation Copies etc.

11. Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error

12. Changing the Printer.PaperSize property?