Screen Saver Preview
Author Message
 Screen Saver Preview

        Anyone know how to make my screen saver application use that preview area
on the Desktop Settings | Screen Saver tab?  I get "/C" as a command$ when
they want to customize "/S" when I'm supposed to cover the whole screen,
and "/P 1819" or something as the command parameter, but I don't know how
to act on that.
        Any suggestions or examples?

Thanks a lot

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver Preview

When you get the Preview command they are giving you the HWND of the little
window in that display.  You write to that window to show examples of your
application.
--
_________
CEO DigiTec Web Consultants

Quote:
>    Anyone know how to make my screen saver application use that preview
area
> on the Desktop Settings | Screen Saver tab?  I get "/C" as a command$
when
> they want to customize "/S" when I'm supposed to cover the whole screen,
> and "/P 1819" or something as the command parameter, but I don't know how
> to act on that.
>    Any suggestions or examples?

> Thanks a lot

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver Preview

Justin's answer is only 1/2 OK.  If you merely write to the preview window,
your screensaver won't ever know when to terminate.  It's better to use the
SetParent() API function to make a picturebox a child of the preview window
and draw to that.  Then you can hook the WM_CLOSE message sent to the
picturebox and end you app.

For a complete working demo saver with source, check out

http://www.arcatapet.com/vb.html

Jim Deutch

Quote:
>    Anyone know how to make my screen saver application use that preview
area
> on the Desktop Settings | Screen Saver tab?  I get "/C" as a command$
when
> they want to customize "/S" when I'm supposed to cover the whole screen,
> and "/P 1819" or something as the command parameter, but I don't know how
> to act on that.
>    Any suggestions or examples?

> Thanks a lot

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

2. Screen Savers Preview

3. Screen saver preview prolem

4. Screen saver preview display

5. Windows 95 Screen Saver Preview Tab Help

6. Screen Saver Preview

7. Screen Saver Preview under NT4.0

8. Screen Saver Preview (Based off Jens's Code)

9. Screen Saver Preview SOLVED!

10. VB4 - Screen Saver Preview

11. Screen saver preview

12. Screen Saver Preview