Mail Me:

Check OUT:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ToolTips!!

If you're using VB4 or 5, tooltips are built-in for many controls (e.g.
toolbar).  If you're using VB3, you have to roll your own.  There isn't any
tooltip API function, per se.

Jim Deutch

Quote:
> is there an api call to show tool tips?
> --
> Mail Me:

> Check OUT:
> HTTP://www.toptown.com/hp/james/

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ToolTips!!

It is possible to use the CreateWindow function to create Tooltips, however
it is not particularly easy from within Visual Basic. For full details of
how to do this within C++ then refer to the Platform SDK section of MSDN.

Most controls in VB 5.0 support Tooltips inherently anyway. However if you
wish to create your own tooltips for controls that don't support Tooltips
then I suggest using the API function SetCapture which allows you to
redirect all mouse messages to a single control. This allows you to
properly track the mouse movement over and out of a control's area. If you
want a more detailed example of this in use then please mail me and I can
send you some code I have written that uses this method very successfully.

Phil Hall
Developer
Resolution SQL

Web:    www.ResolutionGroup.com

Quote:
> is there an api call to show tool tips?
> --
> Mail Me:

> Check OUT:
> HTTP://www.toptown.com/hp/james/

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ToolTips!!

Quote:
> It is possible to use the CreateWindow function to create Tooltips, however
> it is not particularly easy from within Visual Basic. For full details of
> how to do this within C++ then refer to the Platform SDK section of MSDN.

Check out pTips at www.halcyon.com/prang, it is an OLE DLL that does
exactly this with a simple collection interface.

bp

Tue, 02 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ToolTips!!

Quote:

>is there an api call to show tool tips?

No API, as far as I know, but there is a KB article (don't remember the
number) for implementing it in VB3. Check http://microsoft.com/kb
--
Delete junk mail without downloading it.
Create auto responders in 2 moments.

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form Tooltips

2. Trick : temporarily hide "tooltips"

3. Hiding Access and ToolTips

4. Tooltips for ACCESS 2.0 Forms????

5. Long ToolTips and ScreenUpdating

6. how to add tooltips to custom buttons on custom toolbar

7. add tooltips to buttons in custom commandbar?

8. add tooltips to buttons in custom commandbar?

9. Macro Button - Tooltips\Dialogue Box??

10. Treeview Tooltips

11. Listview tooltips.

12. DropDownList and ToolTips ?