Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
Author Message
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
Hi,

I am sorry to ask the same question again. Although Mike had answered
me, I can't browse the answer in his reply(Message unavailable).
So, execute me to your time, or Mike, to answer me again, PLEASE....! ~^_^~

------------
QUESTION
------------
I uses API "Bitblt" function to move a image. But some problem happened
to me:

I move a image, named A, from P point to Q point. And on the path(P to Q), I put
another image(I mean, a real image control), named B. While A goes through B, A
will erase B. After A arrives at Q point, B will be re-appeared again!

How do I solve it?

Thanks A LOT!!

And Mike, THANKS.

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:37:11 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
What do you _want_ to happen?  Do you want to somehow combine the images
where they overlap?  That's not easy to do (it will greatly slow down your
animation).

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Hi,

I am sorry to ask the same question again. Although Mike had answered
me, I can't browse the answer in his reply(Message unavailable).
So, execute me to your time, or Mike, to answer me again, PLEASE....! ~^_^~

------------
QUESTION
------------
I uses API "Bitblt" function to move a image. But some problem happened
to me:

I move a image, named A, from P point to Q point. And on the path(P to Q), I
put
another image(I mean, a real image control), named B. While A goes through
B, A
will erase B. After A arrives at Q point, B will be re-appeared again!

How do I solve it?

Thanks A LOT!!

And Mike, THANKS.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:21:27 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
Quote:
> I am sorry to ask the same question again. Although Mike had answered
> me, I can't browse the answer in his reply(Message unavailable).
> So, execute me to your time, or Mike, to answer me again, PLEASE....!

~^_^~

I think there may be something wrong with the server, or it got cleared out
as I can't see the old posts either :)
However, using the magic of the "Sent items" folder:

"Try using a DoEvents call in your animation loop or refresh the
picture/image box each frame.  If that still doesn't work replace your image
control with a picture box control and set it to AutoRedraw."

Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 06:36:14 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
Dear Jim,

YES, it is what I want to happen. While the moving image moved by using
Bitblt funtion passes through a real image control, the image control will
be erased until the Bitblt stops to copy imgame in the memoey. The effect
I wants is to see that they can overlap without someone erases the other.

But, if it did greatly slow down the animation, should I avoid them overlapping?
I mean, should I put the image control somewhere else to avoid the "Animation"
passing through it?

Best,
David

Quote:
[...]

.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:12:32 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control

Quote:

>Dear Jim,

>YES, it is what I want to happen. While the moving image moved by using
>Bitblt funtion passes through a real image control, the image control will
>be erased until the Bitblt stops to copy imgame in the memoey. The effect
>I wants is to see that they can overlap without someone erases the other.

>But, if it did greatly slow down the animation, should I avoid them
overlapping?
>I mean, should I put the image control somewhere else to avoid the
"Animation"
>passing through it?

That is certainly the easiest solution.  If you want to blend the animated
picture with the background, Mike has some code available you can try, but
each "frame" of your animation will take, I'd guess, 100x as long to
produce!

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:41:39 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control

Quote:
> That is certainly the easiest solution.  If you want to blend the animated
> picture with the background, Mike has some code available you can try, but
> each "frame" of your animation will take, I'd guess, 100x as long to
> produce!

Boolean transparency isn't _that_ slow, I'd say it would take no more than
5* as long to draw max, all it is is one extra call to BitBlt(). Have a look
at the TransEdit app on my site for creating the mask image and there's
various samples on there to show you how to blit transparently, the animated
transparent blit demo for example.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:38:39 GMT
 Moving a image by using API without erasing a real image control
I think he's talking about pixel-by-pixel partial transparency
(alpha-channel type of stuff).  That's why I guessed 100x slower...

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> > That is certainly the easiest solution.  If you want to blend the
animated
> > picture with the background, Mike has some code available you can try,
but
> > each "frame" of your animation will take, I'd guess, 100x as long to
> > produce!

> Boolean transparency isn't _that_ slow, I'd say it would take no more than
> 5* as long to draw max, all it is is one extra call to BitBlt(). Have a
look
> at the TransEdit app on my site for creating the mask image and there's
> various samples on there to show you how to blit transparently, the
animated
> transparent blit demo for example.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

> WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:18:20 GMT

1. Moving an image stored in a database to an image/picture control

2. how to scan image in black&white format using kodak image scan control

3. using image scan control wang (from imaging)

4. Moving an image without blinking

5. moving image in image box

6. Display Image in picturebox from db image field without temp file

7. Can I get Image size without loading image ???

8. Using API with Image Control?

9. Images Controls that load picture from a recordset without Data Control

10. Images Controls that load picture from a recordset without Data Control

11. Images Controls that load picture from a recordset without Data Control

12. Image Control Supplied By Image List Control