Tiling the background picture
Author Message
 Tiling the background picture

Is there a way to tile the background picture of a window set by the
picture property???  I mean using textures tiled all over the
background.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tiling the background picture

You'll want to set the picture into an invisible, autoredraw = true
picturebox, then use the PaintPicture method in a loop to tile it onto your
form: just increment the destination x and y values by the picture's width
and height in the loop until you've filled the form.

The form's paint event is a good place to do this.

Jim Deutch

Quote:
> Is there a way to tile the background picture of a window set by the
> picture property???  I mean using textures tiled all over the
> background.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tiling the background picture

it would also be a whole lot faster if you use bitblt api call
to do a whole form with 1 small icon it takes about 400 MS on a dx2 66

--
Mail Me:

Check OUT:
HTTP://www.toptown.com/hp/james/

Quote:
>You'll want to set the picture into an invisible, autoredraw = true
>picturebox, then use the PaintPicture method in a loop to tile it onto
your
>form: just increment the destination x and y values by the picture's
width
>and height in the loop until you've filled the form.

>The form's paint event is a good place to do this.

>Jim Deutch

>> Is there a way to tile the background picture of a window set by the
>> picture property???  I mean using textures tiled all over the
>> background.

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tiling the background picture

Have you timed the difference?  I assumed they would be nearly equal, since
PaintPicture is just a loose VB wrapper around the BitBlt() API, anyway...

Jim Deutch

Quote:
> it would also be a whole lot faster if you use bitblt api call
> to do a whole form with 1 small icon it takes about 400 MS on a dx2 66

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do you tile a background picture on form?

2. Refreshing a form's background after tiling/centering a picture with PaintPicture

3. Tiled background picture on MDI form

4. Q: Centered/Tiled background picture on MDI Form

5. Refreshing a form's background after tiling/centering a picture with PaintPicture

6. tile a picture to mdiform's background

7. Refreshing a form's background after tiling/centering a picture with PaintPicture

8. Tiling a picture for a background

9. about 'tile' of background image

10. Tiling effect for MDI Form Background

11. VB 6 - Tiled Background (Form) - Newbie

12. tiling images on form background