Screen Saver and sound files
Author Message
 Screen Saver and sound files

Hello All

I have a screen saver application where a text changes every 30 seconds
and scrolls bottom to top. All is fine.

I would like to add .WAV files to it. I have a timer control and I use
the sndPlaySound API and i hear the sound. But the problem is when
Sound plays my animation stops moving, and when the Mouse Move happens,
my application closes only after the wav file ends.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sue..

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:49:41 GMT
 Screen Saver and sound files
Sounds like (no pun intended) you're calling sndPlaySound in
~synchronous~ mode, which means it doesn't return (i.e. your app
waits) until the sound has finished playing. Include the SND_ASYNC
flag in the uFlags parameter.

Quote:

>Hello All

>I have a screen saver application where a text changes every 30 seconds
>and scrolls bottom to top. All is fine.

>I would like to add .WAV files to it. I have a timer control and I use
>the sndPlaySound API and i hear the sound. But the problem is when
>Sound plays my animation stops moving, and when the Mouse Move happens,
>my application closes only after the wav file ends.

>Any help is appreciated.

>Thanks
>Sue..

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

-Tom
(please post replies to the newsgroup)

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:05:16 GMT

1. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

2. Controlling Screen Saver and Event Sounds in VB3

3. how to play screen saver file(*.scr)

4. screen saver & screen 9

5. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

6. ? using an AVI file for a screen saver ?

7. Shifting Screen screen saver?

8. How to set Screen Saver file?

9. Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file

10. Having the Sound Events sound file located in a DLL

11. Screen saver control

12. Timer to Close Database after Inactivity gets Overriden by Screen Saver