Conversion from logical to physical size
Author Message
 Conversion from logical to physical size

I need to display a picture box with a given physical size (say 10 cm width
on the screen). How do I get the conversion from logical to physical size
independently of the screen device ?

Mon, 09 May 2005 23:27:54 GMT
 Conversion from logical to physical size

Quote:
> I need to display a picture box with a given physical size (say 10 cm
width
> on the screen). How do I get the conversion from logical to physical size
> independently of the screen device ?

Have a look at the GetDeviceCaps() function with the LOGPIXELSX and
LOGPIXELSY flags.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/devcons_88s3.asp
AFAIK the conversion from Inch to Cm is 1:2.54
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 10 May 2005 00:34:39 GMT

1. ****NY/NJ-DATA MODELERS/LOGICAL/PHYSICAL WANTED***

2. ****NY/NJ-DATA MODELERS/LOGICAL/PHYSICAL WANTED****

3. ***NY/NJ-DATA MODELERS/LOGICAL/PHYSICAL-WANTED********

4. *****NY/NJ-DATA MODELERS/LOGICAL/PHYSICAL-WANTED******

5. conversion of logical paid yes/no filed

6. Logical Drive Letter to UNC Conversion

7. Logical Drive Conversion

8. Simple logical shift + logical and question and string to byte question

9. Physical size of floppy drive?

10. Physical size of floppy drive?

11. Physical page size in VBA for Excel

12. How to check physical RAM size in Windows?