Save PNG with Transparenz
Author Message
 Save PNG with Transparenz

Hello,

I want to save a png-file with transparency. I've looked at many homepages
but i found not enough...i'm able to show a png in Picturebox and set it
transparent...but i'm not able so save png from picturebox...

is there another way...do someone know a DLL-function which reads a png and
set transparency and save this file...

Can someone help, for example with a code-sample...

Thanks alot

Jochen

Tue, 03 May 2005 00:18:35 GMT
 Save PNG with Transparenz

Quote:
> I want to save a png-file with transparency. I've looked at many homepages
> but i found not enough...i'm able to show a png in Picturebox and set it
> transparent...but i'm not able so save png from picturebox...

> is there another way...do someone know a DLL-function which reads a png
and
> set transparency and save this file...

> Can someone help, for example with a code-sample...

Have a look at the FreeImage library ( Http://www.6ixsoft.com/ ) or the PNG
library ( Http://www.libpng.org/ ).  Alternatively head over to
Http://www.wotsit.org/ and grab a copy of the format specification which
will tell you how to write the format yourself.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 03 May 2005 09:09:32 GMT
 Save PNG with Transparenz
Hello Mike,

thanks for you first help...but that does'nt help me very well.

1) i've tested the FreeImage library, but inside this i'm not able to set
the png transparent because the transparent-functionen need pictureboxes.
2) at homepage libpng.org i cant find a Library which solves my problem to
read a png-file, to set it transparent and to save it.
3) the homepage wotsit.org doesn't work...

do you know another page or another DLL which i can use...

Thanks alot
Jochen

Quote:
> > I want to save a png-file with transparency. I've looked at many
homepages
> > but i found not enough...i'm able to show a png in Picturebox and set it
> > transparent...but i'm not able so save png from picturebox...

> > is there another way...do someone know a DLL-function which reads a png
> and
> > set transparency and save this file...

> > Can someone help, for example with a code-sample...

> Have a look at the FreeImage library ( Http://www.6ixsoft.com/ ) or the
PNG
> library ( Http://www.libpng.org/ ).  Alternatively head over to
> Http://www.wotsit.org/ and grab a copy of the format specification which
> will tell you how to write the format yourself.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

>  - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
> WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 03 May 2005 19:50:20 GMT
 Save PNG with Transparenz

Quote:
> 1) i've tested the FreeImage library, but inside this i'm not able to set
> the png transparent because the transparent-functionen need pictureboxes.

Why not use two picture box's then?

Quote:
> 2) at homepage libpng.org i cant find a Library which solves my problem to
> read a png-file, to set it transparent and to save it.

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

Quote:
> 3) the homepage wotsit.org doesn't work...

It's usually pretty stable that site, try it again tomorrow, it's most
likely just being updated or something.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 03 May 2005 20:16:50 GMT
 Save PNG with Transparenz
Hello Mike,

Quote:
>Why not use two picture box's then?

because i'm not able to save from picturebox

Quote:
> http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

the libpng im not able to register and to use in VB6

any other ideas

Thanks alot Jochen

Quote:
> > 1) i've tested the FreeImage library, but inside this i'm not able to
set
> > the png transparent because the transparent-functionen need
pictureboxes.

> Why not use two picture box's then?

> > 2) at homepage libpng.org i cant find a Library which solves my problem
> > read a png-file, to set it transparent and to save it.

> http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

> > 3) the homepage wotsit.org doesn't work...

> It's usually pretty stable that site, try it again tomorrow, it's most
> likely just being updated or something.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

>  - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
> WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 03 May 2005 20:39:21 GMT

1. Load transparent PNG / Print text on it / Save as PNG

2. Load transparent PNG / Print text on it / Save as PNG

3. save as gif or png

4. save gif or png file indexed color

5. Saving content of a PictureBox to a JPEG, GIF or PNG

6. Save the image to TIFF,JPEG ,GIF,PNG,BMP solution

7. Save as .PNG

8. saving in png format

9. looking for a fast transparenz ole or active-x control

10. Transparency - image - png 32bit - workaround needed...

11. Inserting PNG images into an [ImageList] with VB.NET

12. PNG transparency support