vector plot help
Author Message
 vector plot help

Any body know if there's a command in vasual basic that can plot a
vector(with direction and magnitude) as "quiver3" does in MatLab?

Thanks a lot!

Tue, 10 May 2005 00:29:05 GMT
 vector plot help

Quote:
> Any body know if there's a command in vasual basic that can plot a
> vector(with direction and magnitude) as "quiver3" does in MatLab?

Unfortunately not, there's no concept of 3D in VB at all without developing
it yourself or using an external 3D library such as DirectX.  If you want to
have a go at it yourself then hit Google and search for 3D mathematics
principles, alternatively if you want to use DirectX then you'll need a mesh
for the vector object (With the foot of the mesh centred on (0,0,0)) then
position and rotate it using a transformation matrix based on your vector.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 10 May 2005 00:40:54 GMT

1. Can VB4.0 Standard Plot Vector Graphics?

2. Plotting vectors and polygons to a window

3. MSChart behaviour plotting values outside plotted range

4. Csn Crystal Report ever plot a Scatter plot?

5. Converting Vector images to Raster Images - HELP!!!

6. PLEASE HELP with scaling my vector based graphics!

7. Vector Drawings Help

8. HELP: 2DXY graph values plotting problems (various series)

9. help, I'm losing the plot

10. VB Plotting help

11. Help: Need real time plotting program

12. How to plot 3D graph ? - Help