Stopping updating of screen for screenshot
Author Message
 Stopping updating of screen for screenshot

Hi!

i'm wondering how apps like SnagIt or HyperSnap DX do that they freeze
the screen so you can select the window/region to screenshot. I did it
via a fullscreen window that is always on top (and the actual screen
blitted on it) but it is not so fast ... :-/

Does somebody know a way for it?

Greetings
Benjamin Wilger
---------------
www.ActiveVB.de

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:39:10 GMT
 Stopping updating of screen for screenshot
    I made a screen shot app a while ago that did it by opening a tiny
little window and having the user click on the tiny window and drag it
around. You can have the source for my program if you'd like, though it has
a few bugs. The click/drag scheme works, but it isn't the best way; a
system-wide mouse hook with a C/C++ DLL would probably be the best way.
Also, hide the application window and run a few DoEvents to allow the any
previously hidden windows to repaint before you Blt.

Avery

Quote:
> Hi!

> i'm wondering how apps like SnagIt or HyperSnap DX do that they freeze
> the screen so you can select the window/region to screenshot. I did it
> via a fullscreen window that is always on top (and the actual screen
> blitted on it) but it is not so fast ... :-/

> Does somebody know a way for it?

> Greetings
> Benjamin Wilger
> ---------------
> www.ActiveVB.de

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:21:38 GMT

1. Stopping Screen Updates while changing grid colours

2. Need bar to stop screen scrolling

3. How to stop part of the screen scrolling

4. How to keep Progam Window on Screen after stop

5. Stop and Start Screen Repainting

6. Screen saver stopping

7. Stop the Flickering screen?

8. Stopping screen output