coordinates picture box
Author Message
 coordinates picture box

hello!
i need to create entities from Autocad to my application.
my application has a picture box.

i have and txt file with coordinates from autocad entities, for example:
this is a close polygon in autocad and this are is coordiantes.

first coordinate   x= 200     y = 200
second               x= 300     y= 200
third                   x= 300     y=100
fourth                 x= 200     y=100

i don't have problem importing this file into vb.
my problem is that i don't know how to set the picture box coordinates
system
for getting the same coordinates like in autocad when i import to my picture
box.

i'v tried with pixels. centimeters. milimetes etc. and nothing
can you help me please??

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 06:37:56 GMT
 coordinates picture box
Personally, I would scale all the Acad coordinates to fit into your
picturebox, which I would scale in pixels, because pixels have real
meaning.  That way, you can easily tell whether two lines are going to
show up on the same pixel (even though they may be separated by a
fraction of an inch in coordinate space) and other useful stuff.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:37:56 -0500, "Jaime Lopez"

Quote:

>hello!
>i need to create entities from Autocad to my application.
>my application has a picture box.

>i have and txt file with coordinates from autocad entities, for example:
>this is a close polygon in autocad and this are is coordiantes.

>first coordinate   x= 200     y = 200
>second               x= 300     y= 200
>third                   x= 300     y=100
>fourth                 x= 200     y=100

>i don't have problem importing this file into vb.
>my problem is that i don't know how to set the picture box coordinates
>system
>for getting the same coordinates like in autocad when i import to my picture
>box.

>i'v tried with pixels. centimeters. milimetes etc. and nothing
>can you help me please??

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:59:56 GMT

1. Cartesian Coordinates vs Picture Box Coordinates

2. Retrieving the color of pixels of certain coordinates in a picture box

3. Picture Box Coordinates

4. How do I coordinate the screen's coordinates with a form coordinate

5. insert picture box inside picture box

6. receiving mouse coordinates over a picture control - OR rubber band function

7. Mapping listview coordinates to screen coordinates

8. Converting container-relative coordinates to screen coordinates

9. Container-relative coordinates to screen coordinates

10. Coordinates in image box

11. combo box coordinates

12. How to change Picture in a Picture box