icons and dlls
Author Message
 icons and dlls

Yes.  So long as you use VB4/VB5.  Compile a resource file containing the
icons you want for the shortcut.  Doing this will cause those icons + the
icon you specify in the VB Make EXE File to be in the programs icon
library.  I happened to stumble upon this technique one day.

--James Johnston

Quote:
> Is there a way to put multiple icons in dll's or any other files so that
> they can be found when choosing the icon for a shortcut, for example?

Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 icons and dlls

Quote:

> Yes.  So long as you use VB4/VB5.  Compile a resource file containing the
> icons you want for the shortcut.  Doing this will cause those icons + the
> icon you specify in the VB Make EXE File to be in the programs icon
> library.  I happened to stumble upon this technique one day.

> --James Johnston

> > Is there a way to put multiple icons in dll's or any other files so that
> > they can be found when choosing the icon for a shortcut, for example?

How can I get the icons into the resource file.  I understand you can
compile resource files with Visual C++, or something that comes along
with it, but I don't have that.  My VB version is 4.0 Standard, so you
can probably extrapolate the number of other programming resources at my
command (0) :).  Is there a program I can buy or download that will
compile resource files?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. help extracting icons from dll to icon property

2. Extract icon from dll into form.icon

3. Extracting Icons from DLL files. Eg - Shell32.dll

4. Icons in DLLs accessible from explorer

5. Building an icon resource DLL

6. Display a Icon in DLL file

7. How to read a icon from DLL file

8. icon and DLL