How to change True color pixel to 256 color pixel, @Thanks
Author Message
 How to change True color pixel to 256 color pixel, @Thanks

Hello:
I capture my screen and get a true color image, How to change it to 256
color image.
: Change true color pixel to 256 color pixel.
Thanks

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:45:04 GMT
 How to change True color pixel to 256 color pixel, @Thanks

Quote:
> I capture my screen and get a true color image, How to change it to 256
> color image.
> : Change true color pixel to 256 color pixel.

It's tricky (And slow) since you need to come up with the optimal palette
for the image then map all the colours down to that but you'll find an
article on that over on Http://www.vbaccelerator.com/
If you don't mind using a standard palette (Like PCAnywhere does -
Incidentally, it's best to keep follow-up posts in the same thread as it
reduces clutter..) is to simply use a pre-defined palette such as the
standard Windows one and select that into a DC.  Then BitBlt() to that DC
and it will perform very basic (But bad quality) colour mapping to that
palette.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:05:22 GMT

1. Using 256 color Palettes in High/True Color

2. Change Screen Color Palette from 256 to hi-color in VB

3. Detect Pixel Color Change

4. PIXELS, PIXELS, PIXELS

5. Get currently 256 colors true/false ?

6. Get currently 256 colors true/false ?

7. True 256 Colors

8. choose a color in a 256 color palette ?

9. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

10. 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

11. Custom 24-bit colors in 256-color mode

12. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette