How do I stop screen flashing?
Author Message
 How do I stop screen flashing?

I have placed an image (a gif file) in an image control.  Then I have placed
a standard VB5 line control over a part of the image.  When I change the
line color, the image flashes in an annoying manner.  I have discovered the
image will not flash if the line is moved off of the image, but I can't do
that in my application.  Does anyone know how to stop this thing from
flashing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Clark

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop screen flashing?

Clark Sann a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>I have placed an image (a gif file) in an image control.  Then I have
placed
>a standard VB5 line control over a part of the image.  When I change the
>line color, the image flashes in an annoying manner.  I have discovered the
>image will not flash if the line is moved off of the image, but I can't do
>that in my application.  Does anyone know how to stop this thing from
>flashing?

Try using the LockWindowUpdate API !

Ben

PS : Here's the declaration
        Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" Alias
"LockWindowUpdate" (ByVal hwndLock As Long) As Long
        To "freeze" your window, just call the API and give it the handle
of your window, then make your changes to the window and finally call again
the API but giving it 0 as parameter

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Number lock flashes- how to stop?!

2. Stop the windows flashing while processing a form????

3. Stop Flashing a MDIForm when activated

4. How to stop guage control flashing

5. how to stop my flashing status bar

6. VB6: Stop Flashing Me!

7. How to Stop HScrollBar from flashing/flickering

8. FlashWindowEx - how to stop a window flashing

9. Keep the screen from flashing???

10. File Upload Flash Screen??

11. How do I make a flashing screen!

12. Flash the screen - how?