Imitate ComboBox DropDown List
Author Message
 Imitate ComboBox DropDown List

If you place a combobox (style=dropdown list) at the very bottom of a
form and load the list with items, when the project is run and you drop
down the list, it will extend past the confines of its container form.
PROBLEM: I am writing an activex control that will look and behave like
a combobox but allow graphics to be displayed along with text in the
list and also allow each list entry to be a different color. I am using
2 msflexgrids and a picturebox. The picturebox for the dropdown arrow, 1
grid for the non dropped down portion of the control and another grid
for the dropped down list. When I show the list it is clipped if it
extends past the botton of its container control.  Does anyone know how
to overcome this limitation. Something along the order of a popup menu
but for controls instead of menu items.
Thanks.

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Imitate ComboBox DropDown List
I think you could use SetParent with 0 for the destination hwnd... I'm not
sure..
Quote:

> If you place a combobox (style=dropdown list) at the very bottom of a
> form and load the list with items, when the project is run and you drop
> down the list, it will extend past the confines of its container form.
> PROBLEM: I am writing an activex control that will look and behave like
> a combobox but allow graphics to be displayed along with text in the
> list and also allow each list entry to be a different color. I am using
> 2 msflexgrids and a picturebox. The picturebox for the dropdown arrow, 1
> grid for the non dropped down portion of the control and another grid
> for the dropped down list. When I show the list it is clipped if it
> extends past the botton of its container control.  Does anyone know how
> to overcome this limitation. Something along the order of a popup menu
> but for controls instead of menu items.
> Thanks.

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Imitate ComboBox DropDown List
I think I can work with this! Thanks for the tip.
Quote:

> I think you could use SetParent with 0 for the destination hwnd... I'm
> not
> sure..

> > If you place a combobox (style=dropdown list) at the very bottom of
> > form and load the list with items, when the project is run and you
> drop
> > down the list, it will extend past the confines of its container
> form.
> > PROBLEM: I am writing an activex control that will look and behave
> like
> > a combobox but allow graphics to be displayed along with text in the

> > list and also allow each list entry to be a different color. I am
> using
> > 2 msflexgrids and a picturebox. The picturebox for the dropdown
> arrow, 1
> > grid for the non dropped down portion of the control and another
> grid
> > for the dropped down list. When I show the list it is clipped if it
> > extends past the botton of its container control.  Does anyone know
> how
> > to overcome this limitation. Something along the order of a popup
> menu
> > but for controls instead of menu items.
> > Thanks.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Position of Combobox Dropdown List

2. dropdown combobox list

3. DropDown List (ComboBox stile) inside a DataGrid cell

4. Combobox (Dropdown List: Style=2)

5. Setting # of Items in ComboBox DropDown List

6. Dropdown box in Custom ComboBox List and ItemData Properties

7. Dropdown box in Custom ComboBox List and ItemData Properties

8. Setting dropdown list height for ComboBox

9. Clearing a dropdown list (ComboBox)

10. ComboBox with Style set as DropDown List: Problem.

11. ComboBox DropDown list Count ?

12. Dropdown box in Custom ComboBox List and ItemData Properties