Can I trap windows messages ?
Author Message
 Can I trap windows messages ?

        I am having trouble with trapping windows messages such as
prompt for "save location dialog " or " windows error messages" , can
anyone please tell me if is there a way to trap this message when it is
created from windows and read the contents of that message(if possible
interact with it ie. get control of the OK button on the message).

thank you
saman vanderbona

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I trap windows messages ?
you can't subclass outside vb without a control written in some other
language such as c++.
You can buy subclass components and also find them for free if you look hard
enough..

Alex E

Quote:

>        I am having trouble with trapping windows messages such as
>prompt for "save location dialog " or " windows error messages" , can
>anyone please tell me if is there a way to trap this message when it is
>created from windows and read the contents of that message(if possible
>interact with it ie. get control of the OK button on the message).

>thank you
>saman vanderbona

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I trap windows messages ?
saman

I've joined this thread late so forgive any misunderstanding. Trapping
messages is possible in VB5 and greater. No special project type required
just various API calls. Before V5 then I'm afraid its a Message Cracker
control as Alex has mentioned.

Jason

Quote:
>you can't subclass outside vb without a control written in some other
>language such as c++.
>You can buy subclass components and also find them for free if you look
hard
>enough..

>Alex E

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I trap windows messages ?
vb 5 allows the use of the addressOf function is available in vb5 but this
does not allow you to subclass forms outside of your application...

Alex E

Quote:

>saman

>I've joined this thread late so forgive any misunderstanding. Trapping
>messages is possible in VB5 and greater. No special project type required
>just various API calls. Before V5 then I'm afraid its a Message Cracker
>control as Alex has mentioned.

>Jason

>>you can't subclass outside vb without a control written in some other
>>language such as c++.
>>You can buy subclass components and also find them for free if you look
>hard
>>enough..

>>Alex E

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. trapping Windows messages-help needed-urgent

2. Windows Message trap OCX

3. How to Trap Windows Messages from VB

4. Trapping for Windows Messages in my Control

5. Trap the Windows Message for The Minimize button on a form

6. ? Windows messages, how can I trap them ALL?

7. HOWTO trap Window Message

8. Trapping messages from other windows...

9. Trapping Warning Messages, NOT Error Messages

10. Tracking Windows DDE Messages with Message Blaster

11. trapping info in an error message

12. Trap undeliverable email message