Transparency In Images
Author Message
 Transparency In Images

I have thousands of images I need to lookup and display on single forms
(using an Image control array).  The background colors or ALL of the images
are the same (&H060606).  But, using all of the examples I have received to
make the background transparent, they use a white background (vbWhite -
&HFFFFFF).  Now, how can I go about doing either one of the two following:

1.)  Display a transparent background w/o modifying the background.

2.)  Use a fill like function to make the background of the selected image
White (any color on the picture with &H060606 becomes &HFFFFFF.

Thanks for your help!

Mythran

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:09:40 GMT
 Transparency In Images
Instead of the Image control, you can use TransparentBlt API to draw the
picture in code. That API will let you specify the color to be treat as
transparent. (That API is only available in Win98 or later for 9x or 2000
or later for NT).  If you need work on Win95 or NT4, you may refer the
method in the following article.

<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q79212>

Regards,
Gang Guo
Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:48:40 GMT
 Transparency In Images

Quote:
> Instead of the Image control, you can use TransparentBlt API to draw the
> picture in code. That API will let you specify the color to be treat as
> transparent. (That API is only available in Win98 or later for 9x or 2000
> or later for NT).  If you need work on Win95 or NT4, you may refer the
> method in the following article.

> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q79212>

The ChromaBlt() library on my site does the same thing as TransparentBlt()
but will eliminate the resource leak by using TransparentBlt() and will work
on Win95 and NT4 (AFAIK)
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:48:24 GMT

1. Transparency in Image Control

2. Transparency - image - png 32bit - workaround needed...

3. About the VBNet image transparency

4. Resize an image and keep the transparency infos

5. Images: TIF and Alpha, Transparency

6. Image transparency

7. Image Transparency

8. transparency for PictureBox or Image controls?

9. VB image control with transparency

10. ListView / Image List -- Icon Transparency

11. Transparency in Picture Boxes(images)

12. Transparency in Picture Boxes(images)