Help me find some constant values, please!
Author Message
 Help me find some constant values, please!

        I've been reading in my MSDN CD about some Windows 95 messages
(WM_ACTIVATE, WM_MOUSEMOVE, etc.) and I came across a few I had never heard
of.  They are called:

        WM_GETICON, WM_SETICON, WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, ICON_BIG, and
ICON_SMALL.

        I looked them all up in the VB4-32 API Loader (The Database of the Windows
95 API functions) but I couldn't find them.  If anyone has their values,
please let me know.

        Thanks in advance.

Tue, 02 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help me find some constant values, please!

:       I've been reading in my MSDN CD about some Windows 95 messages
: (WM_ACTIVATE, WM_MOUSEMOVE, etc.) and I came across a few I had never heard
: of.  They are called:

:       WM_GETICON, WM_SETICON, WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, ICON_BIG, and
: ICON_SMALL.

:       I looked them all up in the VB4-32 API Loader (The Database of the Windows
: 95 API functions) but I couldn't find them.  If anyone has their values,
: please let me know.

:       Thanks in advance.

You can find their values in header files included in VC++.
Find header files including messages declaration described above. And,
Write constant definitions with founded values for them in your visual
basic project.

-- SeungLak

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help me find some constant values, please!

Quote:
>       I've been reading in my MSDN CD about some Windows 95 messages
>(WM_ACTIVATE, WM_MOUSEMOVE, etc.) and I came across a few I had never heard
>of.  They are called:

>       WM_GETICON, WM_SETICON, WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, ICON_BIG, and
>ICON_SMALL.

>       I looked them all up in the VB4-32 API Loader (The Database of the
>Windows
>95 API functions) but I couldn't find them.  If anyone has their values,
>please let me know.

>       Thanks in advance.

I got this information from Microsoft Developer Studio and are in the
header file WINUSER

*******************************
[New - Windows 95]

WM_GETICON
fType = (BOOL) wParam;  // icon-size flag

The WM_GETICON message is sent to a window to retrieve the handle of the
big or small icon associated with a window. Windows retrieves the big
icon when drawing a minimized window, and retrieves the small icon when
drawing a title bar.
Parameters
fType
Value of wParam. Specifies the icon to retrieve. If TRUE, the message
retrieves the big icon; if FALSE, it retrieves the small icon.
Return Value
The return value is the handle of the big or small icon, depending on
the value of fType. When an application receives this message, it can
return the handle of a big or small icon, or pass the message to
DefWindowProc.
Default Action
DefWindowProc returns the handle of the big or small icon associated
with the window, depending on the value of fType.
Remarks
When an application receives this message, it can return the handle of a
big or small icon, or pass the message to DefWindowProc.
*********************************
[New - Windows 95]

WM_SETICON
wParam = (WPARAM) (BOOL) fType;    // icon size (large or small)
lParam = (LPARAM) (HICON) hicon;   // handle of icon

An application sends the WM_SETICON message to associate a new big or
small icon with a window. Windows draws the big icon when the window is
minimized, and the small icon in the window's title bar.
Parameters
fType
Value of wParam. Specifies the icon being set. If TRUE, the message sets
the big icon. If FALSE, the message sets the small icon.
hicon
Value of lParam. Identifies the new big or small icon. If this parameter
is NULL, the icon indicated by fType is removed.
Return Value
The return value is the handle of the previous big or small icon,
depending on the value of fType. It is NULL if the window previously had
no icon of the type indicated by fType.
The DefWindowProc function returns the handle of the previous big or
small icon associated with the window, depending on the value of fType.
*********************************
[New - Windows NT]

WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE
wParam = 0;  // not used, must be zero
lParam = 0;  // not used, must be zero

The WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE message is sent once to a window when it enters the
moving or sizing mode. The window enters the moving or sizing mode when
the user clicks the window's title bar or sizing border, or when the
window passes the WM_SYSCOMMAND message to the DefWindowProc function
and the wParam parameter of the message specifies the SC_MOVE or SC_SIZE
value. Windows sends the WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE message regardless of whether
the dragging of full windows is enabled.
Parameters
This message has no parameters.
Return Value
An application should return zero if it processes this message.
********************************
[New - Windows NT]

WM_EXITSIZEMOVE
wParam = 0;  // not used; must be zero
lParam = 0;  // not used; must be zero

The WM_EXITSIZEMOVE message is sent once to a window after it has exited
the moving or sizing mode.
Parameters
This message has no parameters.
Return Value
An application should return zero if it processes this message.
********************************

Could not find ICON_BIG or ICON_SMALL??

--
Jason

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help me find some constant values, please!

2. Help me find some constant values, please!

3. Help me find some constant values, please!

4. Help me find some constant values, please!

5. Help me find some constant values, please!

6. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

7. Can't find constant value in API Viewer

8. Finding values of WinAPI constants

9. Where can I find the Constant values for LR_LOADFROMFILE and LR_DEFAULTSIZE

10. Where do I find the values of constants?

11. Where can i find RAS constant value

12. Please REG_FORCE_RESTORE constant value needed