Return a picture from COM ??
Author Message
 Return a picture from COM ??

Hi!

I'm searching a way for one method of my COM object to
output the images that it draws.

I explain, I give this methods a lots of parameters, it
creates a CompatibleDeviceContext, create a
CompatibleBitmap on this device, with the LineTo API, I
draw a chart, but now, I need to show this chart
somewhere, I'd like for a start, that my method fills the
picture or image property of a PictureBox, next, I'll try
to send this chart in the "src" property of an IMG html
tag.

Can someone out there help me? I've roamed my API boo,
but can't find anyway to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Claude Vernier

NB: Thanks to M.Sutton for is excellent advises and DC
tutorial on his web site, it really helped me out!

ps: To reply by mail, remove the '_NOSPAM_' from my
address.

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:59:19 GMT
 Return a picture from COM ??
Two ways to do this:
1) BitBlt from your DC to a PicBox, then...
        PicBox.Picture = PicBox.Image
2) Use the OleCreatePictureIndirect Api function. For an example see
http://www.allapi.net/agnet/index.php.

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:59:19 -0700, "Claude Vernier"

Quote:

>Hi!

>I'm searching a way for one method of my COM object to
>output the images that it draws.

>I explain, I give this methods a lots of parameters, it
>creates a CompatibleDeviceContext, create a
>CompatibleBitmap on this device, with the LineTo API, I
>draw a chart, but now, I need to show this chart
>somewhere, I'd like for a start, that my method fills the
>picture or image property of a PictureBox, next, I'll try
>to send this chart in the "src" property of an IMG html
>tag.

>Can someone out there help me? I've roamed my API boo,
>but can't find anyway to do this.

>Thanks in advance,
>Claude Vernier

>NB: Thanks to M.Sutton for is excellent advises and DC
>tutorial on his web site, it really helped me out!

>ps: To reply by mail, remove the '_NOSPAM_' from my
>address.

-Tom
(please post replies to the newsgroup)

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:51:42 GMT

1. COM object that returns GetRows Array

2. Calling COM obj returning array question

3. returning empty variant array from COM object?

4. VB COM Object not returning reference argument value

5. COM object return data by reference

6. COM Methods that return strings?

7. Type Mismatch returning variant array from COM object

8. COM which returns an object

9. ASP and Com Component not returning

10. COM Object Return Multiple Arguments

11. Returning array from COM object

12. Returning Arrays from COM object