Doubling size of form when printed
Author Message
 Doubling size of form when printed

Hi guys and gals,

I've been writing a tunnel asbuilting program that draws a picture of the
actual shape of the tunnel in a picture box, and has lines of text to give
exact details of the asbuilt.

I've got all these objects in a form. I tried to draw the form at 210mm wide
and 297 tall so that when I print it it comes out directly onto and A4 sheet
of paper.
Firstly, VB doesn't let you set the size of the form past about 250mm
vertically, and secondly, the form is massive and is off the screen. Which
makes it incredibly cumbersome to use.

What i've started to do is work with everything half the size, in the hope
that one of you can tell me how I can print the form, but at twice the size.
My current solution is to scale up by 200% with a photocopier, but surely
there is a better way!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:21:44 GMT
 Doubling size of form when printed
Hi,

I would perform all of the "real drawing" on a scaled screen preview or on a
mono memory DC and DIB, StretchBlt'ing that to a scaled screen preview, then
print off the full version to the printer.
Hope that made sense...   :-)
Forms are not real keen for trying to get high-quality printed output from.

David
lilchips.com

Quote:
> Hi guys and gals,

> I've been writing a tunnel asbuilting program that draws a picture of the
> actual shape of the tunnel in a picture box, and has lines of text to give
> exact details of the asbuilt.

> I've got all these objects in a form. I tried to draw the form at 210mm wide
> and 297 tall so that when I print it it comes out directly onto and A4 sheet
> of paper.
> Firstly, VB doesn't let you set the size of the form past about 250mm
> vertically, and secondly, the form is massive and is off the screen. Which
> makes it incredibly cumbersome to use.

> What i've started to do is work with everything half the size, in the hope
> that one of you can tell me how I can print the form, but at twice the size.
> My current solution is to scale up by 200% with a photocopier, but surely
> there is a better way!!!!!

> Thanks in advance,

> Steve

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:30:07 GMT

1. Doubling Font Sizes On VB Forms

2. Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

3. Re-sizing controls on a form when the form is re-sized

4. Change settings for printer from single sided printing to double sided printing and vice versa

5. Scaling size of form while printing

6. Help:Printing on Different Size Forms

7. Printing odd-size forms in VB4

8. Printing/Form Size

9. Printing forms at page size.

10. Printing a Form with the ability to scale the size

11. Print a page size form

12. Size Control On Form Printing (To A4) In Visual Basic Prof