Fast Bitmap Manipulation
Author Message
 Fast Bitmap Manipulation

Hi,

i wonder whether a same function like "Scanline" in delphi
exists in VB?
Surely , Getpixel is faster that Point method but i am
looking for a faster way.

Thanks,

Stratos

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Fast Bitmap Manipulation

Quote:
>i wonder whether a same function like "Scanline" in Delphi
>exists in VB?
>Surely , Getpixel is faster that Point method but i am
>looking for a faster way.

You want a MUCH faster method?  With some extra code, you can use DIB's
(Device Independant Bitmaps) to get direct access to bitmaps, as if they
were normal 2 dimensional arrays of bytes.

Look around for stuff about DIBs.  I have made a VERY fast 3D program that
uses direct access to the bitmaps, which is available at my homepage, as
well as links to a few other sites that may help you, particularly the
'Unlimited Realities' site, which has tutorials on directly accessing the
bitmaps in VB.

http://www.geocities.com/emami_s/Draw3D.html

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need help with bitmap image manipulation

2. Bitmap manipulation

3. Bitmap Manipulation

4. Bitmap memory manipulation

5. Bitmap manipulation

6. Help on bitmap manipulation

7. Bitmap and palette manipulation

8. bitmap manipulation help???

9. How can I make a bitmap spalsh screen load faster

10. Fastest bitmap update as possible

11. my game is too fast on faster computers

12. Copy from bitmap to bitmap using BitBlt