Tiff to Jpg convert
Author Message
 Tiff to Jpg convert

Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to jpg.
have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get this
dll.

Thanks,

Peter

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:02:49 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert

writes

Quote:
>Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to jpg.
>have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
>Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get this
>dll.

You don't use Google? A search on "Victor Image Processing Library" will
find it for you, but it's not free.

There is a FreeImage app. If you go to www.6ixsoft.com and follow the
links you'll get to a page where somebody has already done all the work
required to call the FreeImage dll from VB. It may well do what you
want.

--
Richard Mason

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:18 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert
I have been looking for a TIFF library for ages, had have absolutely zilch
luck. I investigated VIPL, but it seems you have to pay for it. If you are
still interested: http://www.catenary.com/

As for me, I'm currently looking at rolling my own TIFF reader/writer in VB.

Max Bolingbroke

Quote:
> Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to
jpg.
> have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
> Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get this
> dll.

> Thanks,

> Peter

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:09:32 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert
Hi,

Look into GDI+

David
lilchips.com

Quote:
> I have been looking for a TIFF library for ages, had have absolutely zilch
> luck. I investigated VIPL, but it seems you have to pay for it. If you are
> still interested: http://www.catenary.com/

> As for me, I'm currently looking at rolling my own TIFF reader/writer in
VB.

> Max Bolingbroke

> > Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to
> jpg.
> > have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
> > Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get this
> > dll.

> > Thanks,

> > Peter

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:24:28 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert
Yes, I just found that! Thanks! I don't suppose you have any idea how to
control the resolution of TIFF files you create with it?

Max Bolingbroke

Quote:
> Hi,

> Look into GDI+

> David
> lilchips.com

> > I have been looking for a TIFF library for ages, had have absolutely
zilch
> > luck. I investigated VIPL, but it seems you have to pay for it. If you
are
> > still interested: http://www.catenary.com/

> > As for me, I'm currently looking at rolling my own TIFF reader/writer in
> VB.

> > Max Bolingbroke

> > > Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to
> > jpg.
> > > have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
> > > Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get
this
> > > dll.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Peter

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:46:49 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert
    I do (or at least I think I do). Assign the EncoderColorDepth GUID
constant to the EncoderParameter class/struct 'Guid' member and fill in the
other members with appropriate values when saving the TIFF to a file or
stream. According to the link below, valid color depths for GDI+ TIFF images
are 1, 4, 8, 24, or 32.
    If you are creating a new TIFF image in memory and wish to assign the
color depth there, I'm pretty sure you just create a new bitmap in memory
that has the specified resolution data and assign it to a GDI+ bitmap object
for saving and modification. From my understanding GDI+ basically treats
GIF, TIFF, BMP, JPEG and PNG images like bitmaps in memory, but I could be
wrong or it is an oversimplification. I look forward to being corrected if
that is the case!

   This discusses some of the other valid parameter values, such as TIFF
compression and a multiple frames flag:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdicpp/gdi+/usinggdi+/usingim...
dersanddecoders/determiningtheparameterssupportedbyanencoder/listingparamete
rsandvaluesforallencoders.asp?frame=true

Avery

Quote:
> Yes, I just found that! Thanks! I don't suppose you have any idea how to
> control the resolution of TIFF files you create with it?

> Max Bolingbroke

> > Hi,

> > Look into GDI+

> > David
> > lilchips.com

> > > I have been looking for a TIFF library for ages, had have absolutely
> zilch
> > > luck. I investigated VIPL, but it seems you have to pay for it. If you
> are
> > > still interested: http://www.catenary.com/

> > > As for me, I'm currently looking at rolling my own TIFF reader/writer
in
> > VB.

> > > Max Bolingbroke

> > > jpg.
> this

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:20:55 GMT
 Tiff to Jpg convert
Hello Peter,

I recommend you to use 2JPEG converter in your program.
http://batch.fcoder.com/2jpeg/index.htm

Regards,
Mikhael

Quote:
> Does anyone know which way to go as far as transfering a tiff image to
jpg.
> have found an article which claims all you need is the Victor Image
> Processing Library,  is this the easiest way, if so where can i get this
> dll.

> Thanks,

> Peter

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:40:08 GMT

1. tiff to jpg convert

2. convert graphic type formats EPS to JPG, PCX to JPG, TIFF to JPG, etc

3. Convert TIFF 2 JPG

4. I Have source for 16bit jpg/tiff/gif/etc Dll but can't compile it

5. Wanted: VBX for diplaying JPG or TIFF

6. vb 4.0 controls for jpg,bmp,tiff I need

7. JPG, GIF, TIFF, ... in VB4

8. Help, need control for jpg,tiff etc...

9. Tiff to jpg?

10. Converting multipage TIFF to PDF

11. Challenge: VB app to convert word, excel, other docs to tiff

12. ** How do I Convert text string to image (Preferably TIFF) **