How do I stop a WAV file ?
Author Message
 How do I stop a WAV file ?

Hi all,

      I have an application which plays a WAV file. Once I detect that
something else has been clicked I want to stop the wave file immediatly. How
do I get the Wave file to stop ?

Thanks,
Mary,

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop a WAV file ?
MCIWndStop(movie);
Quote:

> Hi all,

>       I have an application which plays a WAV file. Once I detect that
> something else has been clicked I want to stop the wave file immediatly. How
> do I get the Wave file to stop ?

> Thanks,
> Mary,

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop a WAV file ?
Dim x%
x% = sndPlaySound(0&, 1)

Andy

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop a WAV file ?
Dim x%
x% = sndPlaySound(0&, 1)

Andy

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop a WAV file ?
Mary,
You need to post some more info.
How are you playing the WAV file using a control, WinAPI, ???
By "something else" being clicked, what exactly do you mean?

Ray Mercer

Quote:

>Hi all,

>      I have an application which plays a WAV file. Once I detect that
>something else has been clicked I want to stop the wave file immediatly.
How
>do I get the Wave file to stop ?

>Thanks,
>Mary,

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I stop a WAV file ?
You can use the sndPlaySound function with nothing as its input sound. That
would give the system default beep and stop the previous sound. You can also
create a small wave file with 1 sec of no sound and attach that file through
a RES file into your VB project. Then you would play the RES sound which
would be no sound at all. If you create a blank WAV file it will give you a
beep when you play. it. Also you can use the Mci commands to stop the WAV
file.

Thank You
Farshad Hemmati
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP, JS

Quote:

>Hi all,

>      I have an application which plays a WAV file. Once I detect that
>something else has been clicked I want to stop the wave file immediatly.
How
>do I get the Wave file to stop ?

>Thanks,
>Mary,

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Stopping .wav file

2. Stopping a wav file playing

3. Stopping a wav file playing

4. Stopping a WAV file.

5. stopping a WAV file?

6. Stop Playing Wav-files

7. inserting wav files into other wav files

8. Create a new .wav file from an existing .wav file based on the date

9. Detect Wav done playing w/API?

10. HELP: when is a .wav done playing?

11. How to stop looping wav sound?

12. How to stop a .Wav-sound (2)