resizing image limitations
Author Message
 resizing image limitations
I'm attempting to make a VB6 program to analyze photographs for my
graduate research work (i'm an ecologist not a computer programmer).
I'm starting by making a picture viewer with various features.  My
problem is that I can only enlarge an image (zoom in)  to a certain
point then the image can't be properly displayed.  I'm adjusting the
size of the image object and using the stretch feature to enlarge the
image (the image is a child of a picture box).  I've also attempted this
with a child picturebox using the paintpicture feature only to have the
same result.  With my computer set to 32bit color, I can't display an
image that is sized wider than 2040 pixels.  When I set the computer to
16bit color I can enlarge the picture by a factor 2x as large before the
image can't be displayed properly.   The jpegs that I'm working with can
be 1600x1200 or 400x300 and I have the same result.  I'm probably trying
to go about this in the wrong way.  Do I need to use more complicated
features of VB?  Could anybody help me past this road block?

Thanks!

Chris

Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:08:03 GMT
 resizing image limitations

Quote:
> I'm attempting to make a VB6 program to analyze photographs for my
> graduate research work (i'm an ecologist not a computer programmer).
> I'm starting by making a picture viewer with various features.  My
> problem is that I can only enlarge an image (zoom in)  to a certain
> point then the image can't be properly displayed.  I'm adjusting the
> size of the image object and using the stretch feature to enlarge the
> image (the image is a child of a picture box).  I've also attempted this
> with a child picturebox using the paintpicture feature only to have the
> same result.  With my computer set to 32bit color, I can't display an
> image that is sized wider than 2040 pixels.  When I set the computer to
> 16bit color I can enlarge the picture by a factor 2x as large before the
> image can't be displayed properly.   The jpegs that I'm working with can
> be 1600x1200 or 400x300 and I have the same result.  I'm probably trying
> to go about this in the wrong way.  Do I need to use more complicated
> features of VB?  Could anybody help me past this road block?

Have a look at the "Image zoom" demo app on my site, the source code is
there too all fully documented.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:51:20 GMT
 resizing image limitations
This is exactly what I've spent the past 2 days looking for.  THANK YOU!!!!
Quote:

> > I'm attempting to make a VB6 program to analyze photographs for my
> > graduate research work (i'm an ecologist not a computer programmer).
> > I'm starting by making a picture viewer with various features.  My
> > problem is that I can only enlarge an image (zoom in)  to a certain
> > point then the image can't be properly displayed.  I'm adjusting the
> > size of the image object and using the stretch feature to enlarge the
> > image (the image is a child of a picture box).  I've also attempted this
> > with a child picturebox using the paintpicture feature only to have the
> > same result.  With my computer set to 32bit color, I can't display an
> > image that is sized wider than 2040 pixels.  When I set the computer to
> > 16bit color I can enlarge the picture by a factor 2x as large before the
> > image can't be displayed properly.   The jpegs that I'm working with can
> > be 1600x1200 or 400x300 and I have the same result.  I'm probably trying
> > to go about this in the wrong way.  Do I need to use more complicated
> > features of VB?  Could anybody help me past this road block?

> Have a look at the "Image zoom" demo app on my site, the source code is
> there too all fully documented.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

> WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:06:46 GMT
 resizing image limitations
Quote:
> This is exactly what I've spent the past 2 days looking for.  THANK

YOU!!!!

No problem :)
Let me know if you need any more help on the subject.

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:35:42 GMT

1. resizing an image with an image control

2. upload image AND resize image to 280x210

3. Image Lists and Toolbars, Limitations

4. Resize, resize, resize, ...

5. Programatically resizing all images?

6. Resize Image (Twips)

7. Resizing Excel Image Using VBA

8. Some kind of addin to resize image

9. Insert, resize & reposition graphic image

10. resizing image files

11. bug: resize currupts painting of button background image

12. Resizing images using GetThumbnailImage or DrawImage