Synchronise with vsync
Author Message
 Synchronise with vsync

I would like to show an image as fast as possible on a crt e.g. one
sweep. What I understand I have to synchronise my program with vsync.
I think that some directx command could be the best. Have anyone some
idea how to do it in VB, or have some code example with reading of
vsync status.
Hope for answer
Hans

Tue, 10 May 2005 04:42:09 GMT
 Synchronise with vsync

Quote:
> I would like to show an image as fast as possible on a crt e.g. one
> sweep. What I understand I have to synchronise my program with vsync.
> I think that some directx command could be the best. Have anyone some
> idea how to do it in VB, or have some code example with reading of
> vsync status.

When you create your Direct3D device, specify the "D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC"
swap effect in the present parameters structure then page flips will only
occur on a vertical retrace.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 10 May 2005 07:32:17 GMT

1. vsync (vref)

2. Waiting for that vsync feeling...

3. synchronise personal calendar to mailbox calendar

4. Synchronise textbox and datagrid

5. Synchronise menus, toolbars, context menus etc.

6. synchronise dbgrid bound to child table in a dataset

7. Synchronise times on a network

8. Synchronise domain controllers

9. Synchronise DB

10. How do I synchronise forms

11. Synchronise Record

12. Synchronise an Access97 development and Prod database