Saving 256 color icons
Author Message
 Saving 256 color icons

Hi,

I have picture box loaded with a 256 colors icon.

How could I save the icon to a file?

I have tried the SavePicture(FileName) picture box method, but:
  1. If the picture box contains a bitmap, then no problem;
  2. If the picture box contains an icon, the icon is saved in 16 colors only!

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Regards
Olivier

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:03:43 GMT
 Saving 256 color icons
Quote:
> I have picture box loaded with a 256 colors icon.

> How could I save the icon to a file?

> I have tried the SavePicture(FileName) picture box method, but:
>   1. If the picture box contains a bitmap, then no problem;
>   2. If the picture box contains an icon, the icon is saved in 16 colors

only!

I've heard that SavePicture() will save .ICO's properly from an ImageList as
long as the original was 8-bit however I've never tried this myself.  Your
other option is to write the file yourself, the ICO format is pretty simple
and well documented over on Http://www.wotsit.org/
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:04:37 GMT

1. Save 256/hi-color icons????

2. how to save a 256 colors icon?

3. Save 256/hi-color icons?????

4. Save 256/hi-color icons????

5. How can I load a picture (256) and save again as 256 color

6. 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

7. 256 color icon in system tray

8. 256 Color Icons in VB5

9. 256 Color Icons In Tool Bar

10. VB4: Icons in Toolbar control corrupt <= 256 colors

11. 256 color icons on toolbar/coolbar

12. 256 Color Icons in Toolbars, TreeViews, etc