No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control
Author Message
 No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control

I've posted several times now, and gotten no replies.  Maybe there is no
answer.  Do you have any ideas?

Using the VB5 Internet Transfer Control, I can specify the URL of a binary
JPEG file and get the data loaded into a byte array.

I can put the ITC on the same Web page with a Picture Control.  I'd like to
get the JPEG image into the picture control.

A klugey way that works from a VB program is to write the array out to a
file,
and then load the file into the control with the LoadPicture Function.  But
want to use VBScript in a web page, which does not support (as far as I can
see) binary file I/O.

It would be nice if I could do:

        Image.Picture = Inet.OpenURL(strJPEG_PATH,1)

but I need an Image object for this to work.  If I were getting text, the
following
would work fine:

        TextBox.Text = Inet.OpenURL(strTEXT_PATH,0)

Odd, isn't it, that the chief form of data besides text on a web page are
images,
and the only thing you can do with them is write them to a file, and then
only
with a program, not a web script?  I'm missing something -- please tell me
am -- or there's a very big hole in the development suite.

        Dan

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control

        With an Image control you are passing it a pointer to a hDC in memory I
believe.  Not a byte array.  A solution for your problem would be to use a
special ActiveX control that incorporates an Image Control and a Transfer
control on the same control and apply a method to write the binary to file
and then load it into the picture control.

        I'll see if I can't find out how to do what you request.  Until then this
may be a work-around.
--
_________
CEO DigiTec Web Consultants

Quote:
> I've posted several times now, and gotten no replies.  Maybe there is no
> answer.  Do you have any ideas?

> Using the VB5 Internet Transfer Control, I can specify the URL of a
binary
> JPEG file and get the data loaded into a byte array.

> I can put the ITC on the same Web page with a Picture Control.  I'd like
> get the JPEG image into the picture control.

> A klugey way that works from a VB program is to write the array out to a
> file,
> and then load the file into the control with the LoadPicture Function.
But
> want to use VBScript in a web page, which does not support (as far as I
can
> see) binary file I/O.

> It would be nice if I could do:

>    Image.Picture = Inet.OpenURL(strJPEG_PATH,1)

> but I need an Image object for this to work.  If I were getting text, the
> following
> would work fine:

>    TextBox.Text = Inet.OpenURL(strTEXT_PATH,0)

> Odd, isn't it, that the chief form of data besides text on a web page are
> images,
> and the only thing you can do with them is write them to a file, and then
> only
> with a program, not a web script?  I'm missing something -- please tell
me
> am -- or there's a very big hole in the development suite.

>    Dan

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control

2. No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control

3. No one has an answer: Transfer Control --> JPG byte array --> Image Control

6. >>>>>>While Not rst.EOF

7. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

8. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

9. >>>>> Serial Communications

10. VB5 >>>>> Academic Version

11. !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

12. >>> Weird Data Control Pr