HELP! Fade To Black...
Author Message
 HELP! Fade To Black...

Hello Everyone!

    I'n not really a graphics guru, so I need help with what may be a simple
task.

I need to take a picture box or image control  (containing any picture) and
programatically slowly fade the picture to black (or possibly transition it
into another picture :P).

Is there an API call to accomplish (or help accomplish) this task?

Someone please point me in the right direction and I'll owe ya!!

Thanks in advance...

Doug

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Fade To Black...
An easy way to fade an image to black is to addjust the brightness of
each red, green and blue value for each entry in the images color
palette.  If you reduce the values of each color by the same amount the
picture will get darker,  the same goes for increasing the value the
picture gets brighter.

I am not an expert with palette manipulation and I have had some trouble
if the color settings are set to more than 256,  but at least this gives
you a starting point.

I would like to gain some knowledge about palette manipulation on tru
color systems,  so if any one knows how to do this I would like to know.

I hope this helps

Rob  MCP

www.intellipute.com
or

Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Resized picture fades to black !!

2. Fading Blue to Black

3. Fade to Black

4. Fade into black

5. Fade to Black?

6. Fade To black?

7. Fading picture/image colors from black to color

8. Real Fade-in and Fade-out

9. Fade-in and Fade-out of button controls

10. Fade in and Fade out images???

11. Fade-in, Fade-out images???

12. Fade-in, Fade-out effect