Intel Jpeg
Author Message
 Intel Jpeg

Hi, currently I am using the Intel Jpeg library to save the image(DIB) in
Jpeg, does anybody know how to make the image size even smaller. Such as
changing it to 256 color?(but does the Intel Library only work in 24bit
color?)

Any suggestion will be appreciated!!! Thanks.

KGN

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:51:50 GMT
 Intel Jpeg

Quote:
> Hi, currently I am using the Intel Jpeg library to save the image(DIB) in
> Jpeg, does anybody know how to make the image size even smaller. Such as
> changing it to 256 color?(but does the Intel Library only work in 24bit
> color?)

JPEG is a true colour image format, it will only work at 24-Bit colour.  The
exception to this is greyscale JPEG's, I'm not sure if the current library
supports them but that's the only (in theory) 256 colour JPEG supported.  As
far as I know there's no support for palated JPEG's simply because of the
way the compression works.
To save an 8-Bit image use the PNG format.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:30:59 GMT
 Intel Jpeg

Thanks a lot Mike!!

Quote:
> > Hi, currently I am using the Intel Jpeg library to save the image(DIB)
in
> > Jpeg, does anybody know how to make the image size even smaller. Such as
> > changing it to 256 color?(but does the Intel Library only work in 24bit
> > color?)

> JPEG is a true colour image format, it will only work at 24-Bit colour.
The
> exception to this is greyscale JPEG's, I'm not sure if the current library
> supports them but that's the only (in theory) 256 colour JPEG supported.
As
> far as I know there's no support for palated JPEG's simply because of the
> way the compression works.
> To save an 8-Bit image use the PNG format.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

> WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:27:25 GMT

1. Intel 1.1 Intel JPEG Library is FAST but...?

2. Intel Jpeg Library

3. Solution: Get black Image after saving a picture with Intel JPEG library

4. Intel Jpeg Library

5. Alternative to Intel JPEG Library?

6. Alternative to Intel JPEG Library?

7. Intel JPEG library

8. JPEG - New version Intel Library

9. Intel Library - JPEG - How to ?

10. JPEG VBX - jpeg.txt [1/1]

11. jpeg thumbnailer -- need jpeg control or code

12. How to retrieve still Jpeg images from Jpeg AVI File