How can I logout WinNT4.0 workstation from Visual Basic.
Author Message
 How can I logout WinNT4.0 workstation from Visual Basic.

You might want to try the ExitWindows DLL:

Declare Function ExitWindows Lib "user" (ByVal dwReserved&, ByVal
wReturnCode%) As Integer

(this is 16-bit but works on my NT4, I dunno whether it will work in VB4/5)

I'm not sure of the values to pass to it, I just tried 0,0 and it tried to
close all of my programs. It is possible to reset the machine like this or
'restart windows' on 16 bit, so be careful as it may not also ask about
saved work.

Secondly you can just appactivate "Program Manager" (I know it doesn't
exist but this is , to VB3 anyway, the task bar) and sendkeys "%{F4}"
(That's Alt F4) then send more keys to select logoff and OK. This will
work.

Quote:
> How can I logout WinNT4.0 workstation from Visual Basic.
> I have an VB4.0 application that I need to logout from.

> thanks

> Hamid Gh

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How kan i logout WinNT4.0 workstation from Visual Basic.

2. How can I logout WinNT4.0 workstation from Visual Basic.

3. How to get a list of all the running programs on a WINNT4.0 workstation

4. Visual Basic 6 and Windows NT workstations

5. OCX for Visual Basic 4.0 on Windows NT WorkStation

6. Visual Basic and Windows NT Workstation

7. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

8. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

9. Visual basic 4 to Visual basic 6

10. Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 6.0

11. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

12. Visual basic programs - connect to a server - Visual Basic 5 Enterprice Edition