Drawing a pixel
Author Message
 Drawing a pixel

I was writing in VB5, but company upgrading software so
updated my language as well.  Right now I am playing in
order to learn, and toying with a simple graphic
uncompression routine.

Get #2, LR,GHx  [VB7: FileGet(2,GHx,LR)]
S2=GHx.GX  [VB7: S2=GHx.GX  ' Note that S2 is a public
String]
L1=asc(left(s2,1))+asc(right(s2,1))*16  [VB7: L1 is a
public Long -- I do a lot of string/Hex/Binary
conversions.  Truthfully, I tend to treat everything as
strings - God bless EDI - and manipulate according to the
need.]
Picture1.Pset(X,Y),L1 [VB7: PictureBox1. -- gee, I don't
know - ]

How do you write a pixel to a picturebox?  I am scared
from researching this that the answer will not be simple
or pretty, but I need to know.

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:10:46 GMT
 Drawing a pixel
have a gander at the Point Method.

D.

| I was writing in VB5, but company upgrading software so
| updated my language as well.  Right now I am playing in
| order to learn, and toying with a simple graphic
| uncompression routine.
|
| Get #2, LR,GHx  [VB7: FileGet(2,GHx,LR)]
| S2=GHx.GX  [VB7: S2=GHx.GX  ' Note that S2 is a public
| String]
| L1=asc(left(s2,1))+asc(right(s2,1))*16  [VB7: L1 is a
| public Long -- I do a lot of string/Hex/Binary
| conversions.  Truthfully, I tend to treat everything as
| strings - God bless EDI - and manipulate according to the
| need.]
| Picture1.Pset(X,Y),L1 [VB7: PictureBox1. -- gee, I don't
| know - ]
|
| How do you write a pixel to a picturebox?  I am scared
| from researching this that the answer will not be simple
| or pretty, but I need to know.

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:24:05 GMT
 Drawing a pixel

Quote:
> I was writing in VB5, but company upgrading software so
> updated my language as well.  Right now I am playing in
> order to learn, and toying with a simple graphic
> uncompression routine.

> Get #2, LR,GHx  [VB7: FileGet(2,GHx,LR)]
> S2=GHx.GX  [VB7: S2=GHx.GX  ' Note that S2 is a public
> String]
> L1=asc(left(s2,1))+asc(right(s2,1))*16  [VB7: L1 is a
> public Long -- I do a lot of string/Hex/Binary
> conversions.  Truthfully, I tend to treat everything as
> strings - God bless EDI - and manipulate according to the
> need.]
> Picture1.Pset(X,Y),L1 [VB7: PictureBox1. -- gee, I don't
> know - ]

> How do you write a pixel to a picturebox?  I am scared
> from researching this that the answer will not be simple
> or pretty, but I need to know.

This group is really for VB (Classic), not VB.NET so if you have VB.NET
questions they should be posted to a group such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.*.
In answer to your question, have a look here:
http://www.bobpowell.net/pixel_dot.htm
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 05:25:15 GMT

1. PIXELS, PIXELS, PIXELS

2. Pixels in drawings

3. Drawing Pixels

4. how to draw box (5x5 pixels) in a picturebox

5. drawing a line or a pixel

6. Draw Circle with pixels

7. Drawing pixels?

8. Pixel by Pixel Scrolling in QBasic

9. Rotate one pixel around another pixel...

10. BMP output mapping BMP-pixel to printer-pixel 1:1

11. Print PicBox pixel by pixel?

12. How to change True color pixel to 256 color pixel, @Thanks