Drawing Performance
Author Message
 Drawing Performance

I am a maths teacher and I want to make java-applet like
math applets in win32 platform. I studied GDI+ in VB.Net.
My problem is:

For example, I want to move a line by dragging with mouse
or I want to animate some sine or cosine curves. When I
animate or move,
I must clear the previous lines or shapes, and it
flickers. How can I overcome this problem and obtain
smooth better profesional
animations?

Can someone please help me?

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:26:24 GMT
 Drawing Performance

Quote:
> I am a maths teacher and I want to make java-applet like
> math applets in win32 platform. I studied GDI+ in VB.Net.
> My problem is:

> For example, I want to move a line by dragging with mouse
> or I want to animate some sine or cosine curves. When I
> animate or move,
> I must clear the previous lines or shapes, and it
> flickers. How can I overcome this problem and obtain
> smooth better profesional
> animations?

This is really a VB (Classic) group, for .NET questions have a look at the
groups on this page:
Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/DotNet/
From what I've heard about VB.NET though, there is some kind of double
buffering built in (Similar to AutoRedraw in VB6) which you can enable for a
PictureBox object.  Have a look through the help to see if you can find
anything there, if not try one of those other groups of a GDI+ group such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -

WWW: Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:29:37 GMT

1. Drawing Performance

2. ADO's Performance vs DAO's Performance

3. Drawing functions(formulas) to draw graphics Like Fxtools.vbx

4. Where can I find a good Owner Drawn Combo and Owner Drawn TextBox

5. put drawing object inside another drawing object

6. Are there any Text drawing functions that can identify and draw URL Highlighted Text

7. Using DrawImage to draw a portion of an image without resizing: poor performance...

8. Operation Performance

9. ADO performance question

10. performance

11. Ways to code - Performance