Displaying image large and small
Author Message
 Displaying image large and small
I have a bmp of Letter E (one of the letters) that I need to display
on the screen as big as 20 cm and as small as 1 cm. To determine
proper size I have shown a calibration screen, measure this and tell
me how wide, how high, and I will set this to my scale width and scale
height. It comes pretty close to proper size, any ideas there would
help as well. The Problem I am asking about today is that I lose the
picture clarity as I get smaller, the Bottom leg of the E is skinnier
than the top, as if the bottom of the picture is cropped off. I am
using the TransImage from DevPower with the stretch property true .(
it is a combo picture box and image box , but I have tried an image
box control and get the same results.) My resolution is 1024 x 768 on
the second monitor where I am displaying these boxes. I realize there
is a limit, but the bitmaps are 500 x 500 black and white images, I
think it should show alot better than what I am getting. Around 3 or 4
cm square they all lose parts, the round images get squared, the
squared ones are chopped. Anybody point me in the right direction?
Api`s?  DirectX ( only doing 2d) they are all bmps of letters I am
displaying
Thanks in advance
Pat
Please post reply here, the email above is no longer active

or email me at             panoonan     at    hotmail.com

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:39:16 GMT
 Displaying image large and small
    Well, I do know of one method that looks nice - but it uses GDI+.....
Here is a link to an article on it and some before and after shots. I could
whip up an example if you'd like.

Avery

Quote:
> I have a bmp of Letter E (one of the letters) that I need to display
> on the screen as big as 20 cm and as small as 1 cm. To determine
> proper size I have shown a calibration screen, measure this and tell
> me how wide, how high, and I will set this to my scale width and scale
> height. It comes pretty close to proper size, any ideas there would
> help as well. The Problem I am asking about today is that I lose the
> picture clarity as I get smaller, the Bottom leg of the E is skinnier
> than the top, as if the bottom of the picture is cropped off. I am
> using the TransImage from DevPower with the stretch property true .(
> it is a combo picture box and image box , but I have tried an image
> box control and get the same results.) My resolution is 1024 x 768 on
> the second monitor where I am displaying these boxes. I realize there
> is a limit, but the bitmaps are 500 x 500 black and white images, I
> think it should show alot better than what I am getting. Around 3 or 4
> cm square they all lose parts, the round images get squared, the
> squared ones are chopped. Anybody point me in the right direction?
> Api`s?  DirectX ( only doing 2d) they are all bmps of letters I am
> displaying
> Thanks in advance
> Pat
> Please post reply here, the email above is no longer active

> or email me at             panoonan     at    hotmail.com

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:01:17 GMT
 Displaying image large and small
    Er, in my haste I forgot to add the link! I copied the URL and got
sidetracked....Sorry!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdicpp/uimages_85r9.asp?frame...

Quote:
>     Well, I do know of one method that looks nice - but it uses GDI+.....
> Here is a link to an article on it and some before and after shots. I
could
> whip up an example if you'd like.

> Avery

> > I have a bmp of Letter E (one of the letters) that I need to display
> > on the screen as big as 20 cm and as small as 1 cm. To determine
> > proper size I have shown a calibration screen, measure this and tell
> > me how wide, how high, and I will set this to my scale width and scale
> > height. It comes pretty close to proper size, any ideas there would
> > help as well. The Problem I am asking about today is that I lose the
> > picture clarity as I get smaller, the Bottom leg of the E is skinnier
> > than the top, as if the bottom of the picture is cropped off. I am
> > using the TransImage from DevPower with the stretch property true .(
> > it is a combo picture box and image box , but I have tried an image
> > box control and get the same results.) My resolution is 1024 x 768 on
> > the second monitor where I am displaying these boxes. I realize there
> > is a limit, but the bitmaps are 500 x 500 black and white images, I
> > think it should show alot better than what I am getting. Around 3 or 4
> > cm square they all lose parts, the round images get squared, the
> > squared ones are chopped. Anybody point me in the right direction?
> > Api`s?  DirectX ( only doing 2d) they are all bmps of letters I am
> > displaying
> > Thanks in advance
> > Pat
> > Please post reply here, the email above is no longer active

> > or email me at             panoonan     at    hotmail.com

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:05:20 GMT
 Displaying image large and small
How about trying to use a MetaFile representation instead of a Bitmap.
  This should then zoom much better to whatever size you like without
loss of quality.

* * Please include a copy of this note with your reply

        Jeff Bennett

        Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
        50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
        Phone 516 997 5596,  Fax - 5597
        WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

        ActiveX Controls : TList/Pro  * ALLText HT/Pro * MetaDraw
        and Custom Software Development Services

======================  ======================

Quote:

> I have a bmp of Letter E (one of the letters) that I need to display
> on the screen as big as 20 cm and as small as 1 cm. To determine
> proper size I have shown a calibration screen, measure this and tell
> me how wide, how high, and I will set this to my scale width and scale
> height. It comes pretty close to proper size, any ideas there would
> help as well. The Problem I am asking about today is that I lose the
> picture clarity as I get smaller, the Bottom leg of the E is skinnier
> than the top, as if the bottom of the picture is cropped off. I am
> using the TransImage from DevPower with the stretch property true .(
> it is a combo picture box and image box , but I have tried an image
> box control and get the same results.) My resolution is 1024 x 768 on
> the second monitor where I am displaying these boxes. I realize there
> is a limit, but the bitmaps are 500 x 500 black and white images, I
> think it should show alot better than what I am getting. Around 3 or 4
> cm square they all lose parts, the round images get squared, the
> squared ones are chopped. Anybody point me in the right direction?
> Api`s?  DirectX ( only doing 2d) they are all bmps of letters I am
> displaying
> Thanks in advance
> Pat
> Please post reply here, the email above is no longer active

> or email me at             panoonan     at    hotmail.com

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:42:29 GMT

1. display setting -- large vs small

2. How to drop small image on larger one

3. displaying a large image

4. Reading a large Image (4-10 MB) and display sections with bitblt

5. forms larger than screen / printing large images via VB

6. placing small images on top of a main image

7. Large images in Picture or Image Control

8. Combine Multiple images into one large image

9. DAO works on small tbls but not on large

10. Set Small/Large Font at Runtime in VB

11. LARGE or small fonts

12. Screen - small or large fonts ??