multi-media programming problem
Author Message
 multi-media programming problem

hello everybody:
I want to write a 32bit audio cd player with Visual Basic 4.0(32 bit
version).
When I compile the following codes, it always warn me the "bad DLL calling
convention".
So, I hope if you can find out what wrong with these coding, please send me
a email
ok.
Thank !! 8>
Here is my coding:
Private Declare Function mciSendString Lib "winmm.dll" Alias
"mciSendStringA" (lpstrCommand As String, ByVal lpstrReturnString As
String, ByValuReturnLength As Long, ByVal hwndCallback As Long)
Private Declare Function mciGetErrorString Lib "winmm.dll" Alias
"mciGetErrorStringA" (ByVal dwError As Long, ByVal lpstrBuffer As String,
ByVal uLength As Long) As Long
Dim errors As String * 256
Dim returns As String * 256

Private Sub Form_Load()
m& = mciSendString("open cdaudio", returns, 256, 0)
End Sub

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 multi-media programming problem

If this is all you want to do, then use the Microsoft Multimedia Control
instead. (Comes with Pro and Ent editions of VB)  It has many time saving
features like signaling when a song is done and ejecting the cd.  You also
dont have to worry about the dll eror you are having.

                                                Bryan Beicker
                                                "Domminator"
--
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. multi-media programming problem

2. Multi media player and Windows ME version

3. Multi-Media Control Help Please .... for a beginner

4. Multimedia and Media Knife???

5. VA - VISUAL BASIC Programmers/Developers needed - Multi-media

6. How to change Multi Media CD-ROM in two or more CD-ROM system

7. Multi Media Control for HandHeld Pc 2000

8. MUlti Media Control On Hand Held PC 2000

9. Multi-processor/ Multi-thread programming

10. Trouble programming to Media Player

11. Creating an Install medium from a VB program

12. Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)