Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously
Author Message
 Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

I'm using vb  5.0 (enterprise edition).I tried playing 2 avi files , using
2 separate ole controls , but it doesn't seem to be working - it only plays
one of the avi files ,and the other one is just displayed as a static image
 Am I doing something wrong - or is this a bug ?
P.s : I've even tried the same thing with vb 4.0 , but got the same results
TIA ,
PRIYA

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

Are you trying to play them both at the same time?

Steve Coan

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

Thanks for the interest.  Yes , I'm trying to play them at the same time.
It's basically for a screensaver , so I want to play
  the same Avi  in 4 or 5 different places on the screen separately. I'm
currently using the MCI control (one for each instance of the Avi file) ,
and displaying the Avis in picturebox controls, but I would prefer to use
the ole controls instead.
Also ,do you have any idea of how I can possible embed the Avi files within
the Vb application (with or without the use of ole controls), so that when
I distribute the screensaver, the user is not able to access these Avis
separately ?
Thanks alot .
Regards ,
Priya

Quote:
> Are you trying to play them both at the same time?

> Steve Coan

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

I suspect that Visual Basic is unable to display more than one AVI because
both are played in the same thread and only one wins.  You'd probably have
better luck developing a smaller app that you can launch multiple times.

The OLE control is used to display "Insertable Objects".  An OLE 2 document
concept for use in embedding one document inside another.  The document has
a specific OLE 2 interface developed for it that goes way beyond AVI.  You
could place an AVI inside and embeddable object to display it in the OLE
container.  But that is allot of work.

Perhaps what you are really looking for is the ActiveMovie SDK which you
can find out more about here:
http://www.microsoft.com/developer/tech/amov1doc/amsdk003.htm

--
Scott L. Holmes

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

You could embed the AVI's on your application if you put them on a RESource
file that is compiled on the EXE.
I sow many examples of this on the Net but I can't remember exactly
where...
--
_____________________
JOEL PAULA

Quote:
> Thanks for the interest.  Yes , I'm trying to play them at the same time.
> It's basically for a screensaver , so I want to play
>   the same Avi  in 4 or 5 different places on the screen separately. I'm
> currently using the MCI control (one for each instance of the Avi file) ,
> and displaying the Avis in picturebox controls, but I would prefer to use
> the ole controls instead.
> Also ,do you have any idea of how I can possible embed the Avi files
within
> the Vb application (with or without the use of ole controls), so that
when
> I distribute the screensaver, the user is not able to access these Avis
> separately ?
> Thanks alot .
> Regards ,
> Priya

> > Are you trying to play them both at the same time?

> > Steve Coan

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

2. Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

3. Avi's in OLE control - unable to play 2 Avis simultaneously

4. Playing Stereo .WAV's Simultaneously

5. VB5 error using animation control to play AVI's

6. How to play AVIs stored in Resource file with Animation control

7. play '.avi' file

8. A Windows screensaver that can play FLI's / AVI's needed

9. OLE AVI Playing and then quitting problems?

10. Playing avi's in Visual Basic

11. Playing .avi's with sound

12. PLAYING AVI'S IN VB