saving bmp file with API calls
Author Message
 saving bmp file with API calls

Can someone tell me how to save a BMP file (as a BMP) using API calls?  All of the docs I see use the VB SavePicture function, which
requires a form and ActiveX control.

thanks,
Keith

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 saving bmp file with API calls

Quote:
>Can someone tell me how to save a BMP file (as a BMP) using API calls?  All of the docs I see use the VB SavePicture function, which
>requires a form and ActiveX control.

Keith,

You can use this code to get a StdPicture object from your API HBITMAP
(I assume you have one).

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/tips/vba0025.htm

Then save it using SavePicture, which BTW does not require any Form or
ActiveX control to be present.

Mattias

     VB+ http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
 Please send questions/replies to the newsgroups

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 saving bmp file with API calls
Okay, thanks for the info.

Keith

Quote:

> >Can someone tell me how to save a BMP file (as a BMP) using API calls?  All of the docs I see use the VB SavePicture function,
which
> >requires a form and ActiveX control.

> Keith,

> You can use this code to get a StdPicture object from your API HBITMAP
> (I assume you have one).

> http://www.vbaccelerator.com/tips/vba0025.htm

> Then save it using SavePicture, which BTW does not require any Form or
> ActiveX control to be present.

> Mattias

>      VB+ http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
>  Please send questions/replies to the newsgroups

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving API Drawings to a BMP or Converting from WMF to BMP

2. (Q) API Call for File/Save as

3. ExtractIcon api call and then saving the icon to a file (HELP)

4. How to call Open File and Save As dialog box API from VB

5. API-Calls for Clipboard-Bitmap save to File

6. Low level Visual Basic 6 API code to save BMP

7. Saving & Loading BMP's from API

8. Low level Visual Basic 6 API code to save BMP

9. save bmp in same depth as loaded bmp

10. SAVE pcx/gif/bmp file?

11. VB3: Saving bitmap from datafield to .BMP file

12. How to save a new palette in a bmp file