Save Picture Into Database ?
Author Message
 Save Picture Into Database ?

Hi all...

I intend to write a program which allow user to choose a pictures
(perhaps in .jpg / .gif format) and store these picture into an Access
Database upon clicking a button ... How different will the codes be as
compared to saving plain text into database ?  Can you please show me a
short simple codes for that ?   Do you think the codes will be the same
if I use it on VBScript (as I know VBScript is similar to VB, right
?)....

Besides that, can you tell me what type should I declare when creating a
Access Database for storing pictures ? is it OLE object ?

I would appreciate very much if you could forward your reply to me at

Thanks in advance..

p/s : I'm using Visual Basic 5.0 and Access 97

Regards,
Hong Teng

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Save Picture Into Database ?
Check out the GetChunk and SetChunk (I think that is right) methods for the
ADODB.Recordset object.

- Nicholas Paldino

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving pictures in database using dynaset

2. Saving pictures in databases

3. Save Picture Into Database ?

4. Save Picture Into Database ?

5. Saving pictures in database using dynaset

6. Save Picture Into Database ?

7. Utility to pick pictures into Access database and save its as file

8. Saving Pictures to access database.

9. Save picture file from WWW directly to database

10. How to save picture (image) to a database

11. Save picture file from WWW directly to database

12. How to save Picture (image) into database