MCI & Child Window Subclassing (again)
Author Message
 MCI & Child Window Subclassing (again)

I believe I will have to use subclassing to get the information I need about
the current frame in the picturebox.  I think.  So like my last message
said, I'm loading a video into a form's picturebox using:

lRet = mciSendString("open c:\somevideo.avi Type avivideo Alias video1
parent <some picturebox .hwnd> Style " & WS_CHILD, 0&, 0, 0)
lRet = mciSendString("put video1 window at 0 0 <predetermined width>
<predetermined height>", 0&, 0, 0)

What'd I like to do is cook up some way to retrieve color information about
the current frame in the picturebox.  So if the video is paused at a certain
point I'd like to use mousemove & getpixel (or something of that nature) and
find out the color of the video frame pixel at mouse location x,y

Thing is, the picturebox will no longer receive events when you drop that
video into it and I'm not 100% certain I could get color information about
the video even if I could.  If it's well and truly loading the frames into
the picturebox then I imagine so but if it's just using it as an anchor,
then maybe not.

Any ideas on getting this information?

Sam Shults

Sun, 08 May 2005 03:04:15 GMT
 MCI & Child Window Subclassing (again)
Looks like I spoke too soon.  Got it figured out all by my lonesome.  Thanks
anyway, fellas (ladies).

Quote:
> I believe I will have to use subclassing to get the information I need
about
> the current frame in the picturebox.  I think.  So like my last message
> said, I'm loading a video into a form's picturebox using:

> lRet = mciSendString("open c:\somevideo.avi Type avivideo Alias video1
> parent <some picturebox .hwnd> Style " & WS_CHILD, 0&, 0, 0)
> lRet = mciSendString("put video1 window at 0 0 <predetermined width>
> <predetermined height>", 0&, 0, 0)

> What'd I like to do is cook up some way to retrieve color information
about
> the current frame in the picturebox.  So if the video is paused at a
certain
> point I'd like to use mousemove & getpixel (or something of that nature)
and
> find out the color of the video frame pixel at mouse location x,y

> Thing is, the picturebox will no longer receive events when you drop that
> video into it and I'm not 100% certain I could get color information about
> the video even if I could.  If it's well and truly loading the frames into
> the picturebox then I imagine so but if it's just using it as an anchor,
> then maybe not.

> Any ideas on getting this information?

> Sam Shults

Sun, 08 May 2005 08:17:06 GMT

1. MCI Calls & AVI In A Window

2. MDI Forms & Child windows in DLL Componants

3. Crystal & VB child window

4. Tricky subclassing (again)

5. Try Again... MCI questions

6. MDI Child Subclassing in VC

7. MDI child again

8. MCI question : How I can detect if [MCI] Video for Windows and [MCI] Quick Time are present in the system?

9. Updating parent window and closing child window

10. ?Listing open child windows on a Window submenu on MDI form

11. Accessing child window properties without painting the window

12. Updating parent window and closing child window